Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Zed_T
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

$80 NBN bundle, Fetch Mighty and a NBN modem joke

I called Optus on 10th of August to change my expired DSL $105 plan to a new $80 NBN plan, advertised on Optus web site, which includes Fetch mighty box with 1 free Premium channel and  NBN modem. They made a check , said all is fine, my address is NBN ready and ready to go.

They promised that new services will be switched on my next monthly cycle date, 7th of September.

my old Fetch box was switched off 2 days later,

2 days later comes in a new Fetch box which is, after connecting it, not working, saying that I need to call provider.

I wait patiently, thinking that everything will be fine on 7th of September, my cycle date.

6th comes, not a word from Optus, and no NBN modem, Fetch still not working.

I call them in the afternoon, after work, they do not have a slightest idea what I'm talking about, asking for order number which I never received,  but say that everything will be fixed within 48 hours.

After 2 days a new Fetch box arrives, I connect it, it works on my old DSL.

10th of September, NBN modem arrives,  and a letter with acc name and password.

OK, I think, finally.

After connecting, speed is the same as old DSL, exactly 3.2 MBps.

11th September, monthly bill comes, saying I'm on $80 DSL (not NBN as requested nd advertised) plan plus a charge of 6 dollars for Knowledge pack ( I asked for Knowledge pack as a freebie, as stated on their web page advertisement)

This afternoon I spent 2 hours with Optus "help", 1 hour on chat, which was useless, guy did not have a clue what he was doing, and could not answer why am I still on DSL, kept repeating  "you are on DSL"- which I knew because my speed has been from 2.8 to 3.2 mbps for the last 4 years, and that was the main reason I called.  Chat guy kicked me out of chat after an hour, unceremoniously.

After that I phoned them and first "helper" said that there are no records of my new nbn order, even that they send me 2 fetch boxes and 1 nbn modem, and billed me -  but she said that  she could see that I'm on DSL.

Well, thank you captain obvious.

Then she asks me for NBN order number, which I don't have because i was never given one.

Then she sends me to another "helper" ( one more dreadful accent), and she asks me if I want to migrate DSL to NBN,

I say that I did it a month ago, but she says that there is no other way, so I let her do a whole thing all over again, looking at my terms and conditions in pdf format that I agreed to a month ago.
She promised that i will not be charged anything extra and that they will send me a new Fetch Box and a new NBN modem in a few days......... and she gave me an order number

Saga continues... so far - 3 fetch boxes, 2 nbn modems, 6-7 clueless optus live "helpers", 2 chat dills  and NO NBN - (yet according to all checks my place is "NBN ready")

0 Kudos
12 Replies
jimbo5
Contributor
Contributor

Re: $80 NBN bundle, Fetch Mighty and a NBN modem joke

yes l changed recently from the $115 plan to $80 bundle and had some problems l'm still trying to sort out, they need to improve htis process of chaning NBN plans

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus are apparently working on this process. At the moment there are a lot of opaque spots for customer service as they hand off jobs to NBN. After an initial snafu (presumably the first person has not handled the NBN sign up properly) then all the other staff are just as in the dark as you (unfortunately their efforts to help can sometimes exacerbate the situation further)

Not an excuse (Optus has two residential internet offerings - it should be able to arrange to sell those without such issues)

Not sure why you are gettign a new Fetch TV again? Doesn't the current one work fine?

Hopefully the process is in swing now and you will be soon sorted properly - get 'order number' etc. where possible.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Zed_T
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As for why I'm getting new Fetch boxes  ,

I do not  have a clue, but i noticed that every time I call, they send me a new box, despite me confirming that i have received  Fetch box

so I'm trying not to call anymore LOL

btw, got a message today, saying that my NBN is going to be connected on 21st of this month

I'm holding my breath

🙂

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Zed_T

And I'll cross my fingers Smiley Happy

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Zed_T
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update,

NBN was ordered on 10th of August, after my old ADSL contract with Optus lapsed,
last "promise" for switching over to NBN was made for 21st of September - 21st come and gone and nothing happened.

this morning they casually sent yet another worthless message, this time for 28th of September.

Saga continues ......

0 Kudos
dottway
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I would love Optus to tailer a plan for me. My old plan was fine. I hate being forced to change to nbn. I had 30mbs speed. I had free local phone calls. I had unlimited downloads. Bonus was a $80 plan that I only paid $60 for. Now they want me to pay the full $80 to keep the a similar speed (25mbs) but they cant even give me free local phone calls. Instead they want to throw in Fetch. I dont want Fetch. I dont want a Sport package. They are useless inclusions. Not a happy client

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Really sorry for the hassle caused with this @dottway.  I've just replied to your PM now.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
dottway
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Aman, private messaging me to simply sell me a plan isnt helping

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@dottway