Searching...
Accepted Solution

6 months to date without a home phone since I upgraded to the nbn

JorgeB1

How long does it take to fix a damn problem Optus, all you keep sending me is a stupid text saying "we're still working on fault 20865026 and we will keep you updated" 6 freaking months FFSK, meanwhile I still getting charge for service I'm not receiving 

Re: 6 months to date without a home phone since I upgraded to the nbn

petergdownload

Optus generally include the phone free in their service. But if you've got any specific line items in your bill (like mobile and international packs) that you pay extra then they are all refundable on request obviously.

I'm surprised you're this patient. If your NBN is working then there's no actual fault with the home line (calls use VOIP and go over the internet in effect). Only thing I can think of is if your phone number is somehow being ported over and its become stuck. You might find just grabbing a new number solves the problem.

But otherwise I think the time may have come to just ask Optus to cancel any contract and ask another provider to take over the NBN and get the phone working?

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Ray_YC

Hi jorgeB,

That is pretty concerning that the ticket has been open for that long.

Thanks for posting your ticket number, I contacted the Case Management leader yesterday and received updates and a response this morning that the service is now working.

I trust that is the case. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

JorgeB1

@petergdownload @Ray_YC finally after 6 months and a number of numerous calls and chats online with numerous peoples I got my home phone working again yippee well didn't last long as the internet went down not the nbn last night so I was back without a phone again, I guess that is the price we gotta pay for being forced on to the nbn but this morning was working again. 

petergdownload

Yay! Hopefully the NBN side of things settles down now. Its still in rollout phase and most technologies are currently juggling the old and new systems side by side (aka the NBN should have a good general step up in performance and stability in a few years).

Thanks for letting us know.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
14 Kudos