Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Beddie
New Contributor
New Contributor

4g modem cuts in and out with multiple devices connected and running

Wi-Fi works fine on phone or laptop on their own but the minute I or my partner starts playing on another device Wi-Fi cuts in and out. .. eg streaming Netflix on laptop playing fine then I go and search something on my phone and the streaming stops and search on phone is so slow. Not impressed... be trying this for over a month and it seems to be getting worse.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4g modem cuts in and out with multiple devices connected and running

Hmm well I suspect that would happen to some degree to many people as the modem is not sitting around waiting for someone to connect. Device number 1 might be using all the bandwidth and all of sudden Device number 2 is jumping in. I don't think too many modems load balance the way you expect and subsequently this will happen especially if device number 1 is doing something intensive.

I often run 2 or more devices off the one 4G connection and if I am downloading movies or torrents on one device my second device often times out. Keep in mind that if you have an average to poor signal the results are often worse.

0 Kudos
Beddie
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 4g modem cuts in and out with multiple devices connected and running

Yeah thanks. Never had that problem running an aldi SIM out of a Kogan modem. Will give it another month
0 Kudos
Top Contributors