Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
juanborta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

4G back-up on new nbn modem not working

I received my new nbn modem with the 4g backup. I'm waiting for the nbn technician to come and sort the connection so no nbn. To my surprise, 4g signal is not working either. It shows full in the modem and I can connect  to it but not working. It shows a start page but is blank and not uploading. 

I went to my gateway http://192.168.0.1/ and I can see that I'm connected and can use it with great speed but can't make internet available. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: 4G back-up on new nbn modem not working

Is there a SIM in the SIM card slot? If not, did you receive a SIM card?

0 Kudos
Lukas_Tiatoa
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes there is a SIM card inserted
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

No idea what the problem might be then., sorry.

0 Kudos
juanborta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes , Chip inserted and has 500gb of data available

0 Kudos
juanborta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

yes, sim in the slot and 500 gb of data availabe. I can use http://192.168.0.1/ with no issues and I have connection but nothing happens when I try to use for anything else. 

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juanborta wrote:

yes, sim in the slot and 500 gb of data availabe

That does not sound right. The SIM that comes with the Optus modem should be unlimited.

Did this SIM arrive separately?

Does this provide any more clarity?

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@juanborta, did the SIM card come pre-inserted into the device, or were you required to pop the SIM card in yourself?

We did have a batch of deliveries whereby the wrong SIM card was incorrectly sent out. It meant that customers could not access their 4G backup service.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
juanborta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

One sim came with the modem and I also received on the mail another sim. the sales rep didn't know why this happened. 

Neither of this sim cards wroked! when I put them in and restarted the modem they had no signal and I tried to activate them online and both were bloked. 

I called the rep again and he activated the one that came with the modem and put me in a month to month plan with 500gb at no cost for the first month to get me going until the nbn technician comes and fixes the issue. 

Then I have to call optus to cancel this 4g service so I don't get charged the next month. 

So far very disappointed as I have no service at all and no answers from Optus. Been trying to get help through the chat but I've had no replies. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Thanks for that.

Okay, I'm following up with the team member who'd advised us of the SIM card issue. 

I'll find out what the go is and let you know here. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors