Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Daddio90
New Contributor
New Contributor

2 weeks ago signed up for NBN voice plan .. still nothin

Hi,

Two weeks ago my son helped me transfer our landline Optus voice plan to the NBN Optus voice plan. It was a harrowing experience as we did at the Optus shop when we thought we get away without having to do this by phone, but we did, 40 minutes we finally got some sort of 6-digit order number, but were told it would take 7 business days.  My son has been typing that same order number since last week and for 2 weeks getting the same stupid error:

"Sorry, it looks like this order number is either incorrect or not in our system yet (orders may take up to 2 hours to appear). Please check the order number in your confirmation email and try again."

Not even up to 2 weeks (2 hours haha so funny) and still nothing, no email other than the next phone bill, nulla.  My son tells me not to worry since the NBN disconnection is not until mid-May.

Is such a long wait normal?

Thank You

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: 2 weeks ago signed up for NBN voice plan .. still nothin

The order might be at a stage where it simply can't be viewed online, especially if it's a 7 digit number with a letter on the end (ie: 1234567A).

However, if there is an order in place to transfer to NBN, then your "nbn disconnection" won't happen. Even though they say 18 months, a lot of people sit on the fence because of the media beat up that "nbn sucks" (Which is far from the truth).

Have you spoken to Activations to see how the order is progressing? Because they're porting your number to the NBN network, this takes time too. Also, what kind of NBN are you getting? (FTTC, FTTN, FTTP, HFC)? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Daddio90
New Contributor
New Contributor

Finally I get the confirmation email (almost 4 weeks!). Yes I now have an NBN order reference number (an 8-digit number with a letter on the end) but this is not recognised when I use it on the 'Track your order' link that is included in the email.

So what am I tracking, is it the self-install kit mentioned in the email (whatever that is)?

The NBN connection will take place next week and I do not need to be at home (although I will be), so what will happen?

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Did you get a modem/Fetch box as part of the order? That is probably what you should be able to track.

Please visit our Getting started with Optus NBN page for more info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Daddio90
New Contributor
New Contributor

Do I need that for a voice only plan? I only have a normal phone. I assumed the order would include whatever I need to make it work (and I think something like a box to connect my phone too rather than connecting it to the wall outlet?).

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You don't need it but it may have been part of your order..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors