Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kyriacandro
Contributor
Contributor

2 nbn connections at one address

hi guys im wondering if someone can answer a ? for me i currently have FTTP nbn at my house but i have another living area at the back which is to far away to get reliable wifi. can i get 2 services to the one address ? so 1 modem in the main house and one in the living area at the back is this possible i would assume they would need to put an nbn box on the living area at the back also can it be done as it would help me alot as the living are at the back is my work office and needs reliable internet

0 Kudos
5 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: 2 nbn connections at one address

Hi there,

Recon you could save coin and run some cat6 to a wireless router to the rear or the premise.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Another thing to try is Ethernet Over Power

Does not require laying cables, it uses the electricity cables in your house to transfer data.

You can get them where it has a wireless router on one end so you can provide wireless at the other end of a house.

- No wiring means great for renters etc

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You can install 2 NBN connections at a FTTP home. Some people do with two seperate providers as a redundancy.

Regardless any such install will just go to the same NBN box on the side of the house.

As mentioned, instead of buying another $80 per month connection you can just grab a 30m ethernet cable and send a line out to the back. Alternatively the Ethernet over power option is also a fair bet.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

kyriacandro
Contributor
Contributor

so for arguments sake i could hook up a modem on one service to the nbn box in the main house. Then with a certain length 30 m ect of cable hook up another modem to the nbn box to have in the back granny flat/office on a different service ?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you want two services (i.e. 2 x $80 a month) then yes both go into the NBN box at the front and then you run a cable to each modem (front as now and also 30m to back)

However a single $100 100Mbps service would easily manage both areas. Just keep all as is and run the 30m cable from the first modem to a cheap router in the back area

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos