cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: 1832 display number code still not working since November 2016

I think they still have this modem. If not insist on whatever newer modem they have.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus have just released the "Optus Ultra WiFi Modem with 4G backup", does this modem fix this issue and are there less internet dropouts, we're still getting like 15 dropouts a day?
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm not with Optus anymore, so unfortunately I can't answer your question re drop outs.  I used to use a Wifi booster in my home to ensure a strong signal throughout the house. 

I still have the modem that fixed my number display problem, and I'm happy to try to get it to you (or anyone interested) if you're in Sydney metro.  Let me know if you want it. Otherwise I will be sending it to eletronic recycling once I get a chance.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm still getting no ringing tone when I dial using the 1832 prefix - so I have no idea whether the phone is ringing at the other end or not. This issue is in excess of 12 months old and Optus appear not to have the expertise to fix it.

Also, you mention you're getting 'like 15 dropouts a day'. Are you actually getting 15 dropouts a day, or are you only 'like' getting 15 dropouts a day - I'm confused.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors