cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor CustomerJohn
Occasional Contributor

Re: 1832 display number code still not working since November 2016

My 1831 and 1832 dialling prefix issues both seem to have now been resolved, after an extraordinarily long time to be fixed.

However, Optus are now attempting to renege from their Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) obligation for their inability in the  'repair of two or more enhanced call handling features to an existing service'. This is an ACMA regulated ruling and I will have no hesitation in escalating to the highest level within the TIO if required to do so.

In regards to Calling Number Display (CND), the denial of being able to make my number private on selected calls (on an open residential service), or the inability to remove the privatisation of my number (on a private residential service), have both been frustrating, troublesome and extremely inconvenient. Add to this the frustration that Optus were unable to resolve the matter in a timely manner - in that it has taken almost 1 year officially in my case, and almost 2 years in other cases, is beyond belief.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm sorry it's taken till now @Customer John. I'm glad things have been returned to normal on your end. 

However, Optus are now attempting to renege from their Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) obligation for their inability in the ’repair of two or more enhanced call handling features to an existing service'. This is an ACMA regulated ruling and I will have no hesitation in escalating to the highest level within the TIO if required to do so.

Admittedly, I haven't personally dealt with a claim under the CSG for the failure to repair two or more enhanced call handling features to an existing service. I've found the following info:

WHAT DOES THE CSG COVER?

The Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) Standard specifies timeframes for the connection of fixed telephony services, the repair of listed fixed telephony faults and the attendance of related appointments.  Some enhanced calling features are also covered under CSG such as call waiting, call forwarding, customer controlled call barring, calling number display and blocking.

I can always fill out a CSG escalation form. You'll be contacted by a team member to discuss your claim in detail.

Can you send us a private message? I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RachaelW
Occasional Contributor

So, you won't actually do anything to assist customers when a solution is proposed, but will respond if there are concerns regarding TIO involvement or compensation for incompetence!  Challenge accepted.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CustomerJohn
Occasional Contributor

Disappointingly, I have had no choice but to now refer the matter to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman for action.

New Contributor fcd
New Contributor

I've just been connected to the NBN and have the same problem. Imagine my surprise when I searched this Forum and discovered that people have been struggling with this for the last 3 years!😳

I have spoken to an Optus technician on the phone (after going through redirections to 3 depts). After some consultation and checking, he simply decided to turn on Caller ID, wait, and then turn it off again. He then asked me to try it again after 4 hours once the system was reset. Needless to say, this didn't fix it.

The thing that surprises me in all this is that I would have expected (and hoped) that all Optus technicians could access a central information database of faults to help them diagnose rather than having to re-invent a solution every time they're contacted.

Any suggestions before I continue the dreaded onslaught of phone calls...?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I've just had a look at the VoIP codes on F@ST 3864v3 and there are other codes listed in there for per call caller-id on/off in addition to 1832 & 1831 . It shows:

"(=Star)82" : CID-SUPPRESS; RECALL
"(=Star)90" : CID-DELIVER; RECALL

Which indicated that *82 = Caller ID Per-Call Blocking & *90 = Caller ID Per-Call Delivery .

You might try those.

Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

Don't expect Optus to be of any help.  Read @Caledoz post ‎06-04-2018 01:01 PM and mine of 10-08-2018 05:46 PM.

We both had older style modems, and once our modems were replaced with newer ones the call display features worked again.

I recommend using online chat so you have a record of the conversation, and advising Optus you intend to involve the TIO if they aren't amenable to assisting you and providing the newer modem.

New Contributor fcd
New Contributor

Thank you for this info. I should have mentioned that the new modem I received was the F@ST 5366 TN which, as I understand, is the newest of modems issued for NBN by Optus.

Anyway, I tried these VoIP codes, but no success...

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

No problem. Did you get a new dialtone after dialing *82/*90 ?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Neither that or any of the same suggestions and tests repeated for 18 months over many, many hours worked.  Only the suggestion from another user which Optus doesn't seem to want to share.  Optus suggested I just display my number and forget about phone number supression. 

0 Kudos