cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 1832 display number code still not working since November 2016

Okay, had you advised us to disable default outgoing caller ID on the back end? You only want to use outgoing caller ID on a per call basis? 

You're welcome to send us a PM with your account details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

I need your full name, DOB and account number. I'll check this one out and see if I can help. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RachaelW
Occasional Contributor

I have a private number for safety reasons, and I have always been able to unblock the number when calling family/friends using 1832 pause prior to switching to the NBN.  So I want to retain my private number and use caller ID on a per call basis.

I will send a PM also. Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Thanks @RachaelW, I've just replied to your PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Dan_C @AlexRH We are now in 2018 and this problem dates back to 2016, how much time does Optus need to fix a problem ?

I hope that my case has not been closed as well and chucked in the too hard basket !

So what exactly is the problem, if it is NEVER going to be fixed, why doesn't Optus tell us instead of wasting our time having to call, post, send PM and Chat, we need that time to deal with other problems we have with Optus for different matters.

So please Optus, stop the lies, JUST TELL US or FIX IT, it is that easy !

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Hannah-L@CustomerJohn@Dan_C@RachaelW@AlexRHAfter a year and a half of no reply from Optus techs, I think that I have found out what the problem is.

When I had NBN (FTTN) connected and my new modem "Sagemcom F@st 3864 AC NBN" installed,  the overide code 1832 stopped working properly as stated previously.

Recently, I had problems with the 2.4Ghz WiFi on that modem and Optus had to replace it (after hours on multiple chats and on the phone, begging and menacing, as always).

I got a Sagemcom F@st 3864V3 AC as replacement (looks different than the previous one, it's not sitting flat, but upright), since I have plugged the new modem in, I can now make calls using the 1832 overide code to display my number when I choose to do it and it is WORKING.

So it looks like that the problem was caused by the modem "F@st 3864 AC NBN", so if you still have the same problem, get onto Optus (you will need a lot of patience as always) and get them to send you a new modem V3.

And moderators, could you please pass on this info to your "technicians".

New Modem V3

New modem V3

Old modem AC NBN

Old modem AC NBN

Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Caledoz for this information.  I finally decided to revisit this after finding your post.  Optus had driven me to the point of distraction with the lack of resolution with this.  

My first chat today mysteriously dropped out, and after 1 1/2 hours of frustration with online support they have finally agreed to send me the newer modem to try.  They were seriously going to put me through all the same tests that transpired in my original complaint that went to the TIO but they were unable to resolve.  In the end I re-explained numerous times what I have tried in the past, what the problems is & what I want.  I basically had to say I'd go to the TIO and was obstinate about refusing to do previously useless unproductive tests before it was finally agreed to send the new modem (I also included links to this post).

@AlexRH @CustomerJohn I will try you and let you know if the newer modem also works for me. @Dan_C it is a shame Optus hasn't been more proactive in following this up after @Caledoz's post and I hope if this solution works for me that Optus shows good customer service in contacting other numerous affected members.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CustomerJohn
Occasional Contributor

Hi RachaelW,

Thanks, I'd be very interested to know if the new modem fixes the problem for you. I was advised however that 'apparently' the problem may reoccur even after the new modem, so in theory, it is not the solution. Personally, I find that difficult to believe - technology just doesn't work like that.

I can't believe that it is now mid-2018 and the problem is still unable to be resolved - what sort of technicians are working on this (if in fact they're giving anytime to it at all)???

For Optus, it's going to be an expensive exercise because the CSG (Customer Service Guarantee) payment to me at the end of this is going to be rather enormous when you add up the days from 1/9/17. Perhaps they have overlooked this.

New Contributor MotherM
New Contributor

Now Working.

Since switching to the NBN in January 2017 the 1832 silent number over-ride had ceased working.  We've had many chats/conversations with Optus but the problem remained.

Then on 17/06/2018 I did my regualar check and the one-way comversations problem appeard to have been fixed. Only took 18 mths for me well over 2 years for others.

It's nearly August and it's still working nicely, no more phone issues.
Now just waiting for the multiple NBN outages to be compensated for.

Occasional Contributor

A huge thanks to @Caledoz for keeping us informed re your solution.  The new modem version sent has been working beautifully with no problems with 1832 call number display use since I installed it over a week ago - and my internet speeds have been a lot faster.  I think Optus should pay you tech advisor fees @Caledoz!

@CustomerJohn @AlexRH @MotherM I suggest you contact Optus to obtain the new modem.  I contacted via the chat room so I could keep a record of the conversation.  When I was given a hard time and the new modem wasn't agreed to at over 1.5 hours on my second chat - things moved much more quickly when I advised that if I could fill out a TIO online complaint quicker than getting agreement to trial the modem then that's what I would do.  Insist they read your previous notes and be sure to let them know up front that you refuse to do all the previously run line tests and phone calls to test 1832 on your existing phone.

@Dan_C since this is demonstrated to work, Optus needs to act on this to avoid huge compensation costs or TIO complaints due to avoidable lack of service guarantee provision to customers.

New Contributor MotherM
New Contributor

Hi All,  1832 is still working for me and I'm still using the original modem supplied by Optus (Sagemcom F@ST3864AC, January 2017).  Our internet speed (50/20 MBps via HFC) was very slow for the first few weeks but has been 48/18 MBps since.  I'm wondering if the 'new modem' fix and the fix I experienced were coincidental.  The NBN drops out every month or so for periods from a few minutes to, on a couple of occassions, a day or two, with compensation being promised but not forthcoming, yet.

0 Kudos