cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: 1832 display number code still not working since November 2016

Thank you @Scott_M for checking, I don't understand how they are not able to replicate the fault when so many people have the problem.

Just send your technicians to my place and they will be replicating the issue as many time as they wish.

The issue has been replicating for 4 months + ,and everyday.

Also, could you please give me my case number via PM as I was never given one. 

New Contributor MotherM
New Contributor

For the past 20+ years, with Optus, we've had a silent/unlisted number and used the 1832 prefix to over-ride and sent our number. However, since the switch-over to NBN, we have experienced one-way conversations every time we use 1832. The Optus system obviously recognises 1832 as we're informed each time that 'our number will be presented' to the person we are calling. When we first raised the issue with Optus back in Feb/Mar we were asked to perform a series of tests and subsequently received a couple of calls from Optus advising that the problem was not just with our number but was wide spread, was being actively investigated and a solution should be available soon. That was nearly three months ago, in which time we've called Optus Faults and Technical Support (13 13 44 It doesn't seem to matter what number you call as none of the options offered ends up at Faults and Technical Support) several times only to eventually find that there is no solution and that the Network Team have escalated the issue, once again.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@MotherM @Scott_M 

Still no change after 6 months, so either the technicians are hopeless and should be replaced or they do not want to fix it, hopping that the customers will get tired of complaining and go away.

Bad news, I am not going away and I will keep on posting and let people know how bad the NBN is and how badly Optus treat their customers and keep them in the dark about issues like this one and also about poor NBN speed.

New Contributor Nocka-70
New Contributor

Very obvious that OPTUS is ignoring this 1832 problem together with speeds that the system cannot deliver. The silent/unlisted number worked perfectly on Cable.with prefix *32.

I've  been a customer for.20 year, it means nothing to these people. Since switching Optus Cable to NBN on 11 April 2017 my direct-debt details were lost as was sms for account billing. 

A paper bill was received with, you guessed  it, the charges for paper delivery.

The biggest insult has been the loss of my name from Optus database, along with my mobile number and my email address of 20 years. Latest correspondence still bears the name of a female customer who is unknown to this family and this was after an assureance everything had been corrected. I also have her email and mobile number on documentation issued to NBN and Optus installation technicians and suprise, suprise those details are on the new bill.

Am I annoyed? you bet and the ACCC,TIO AND Federal Member are about to receive a mountain of documentation regarding this hopeless company.

0 Kudos
New Contributor dom5885
New Contributor

This is what I have discovered about using the 1832 prefix to show my number. I use the Uniden series of phones.

Most numbers dialled are stored in the 'phonebook' of my phone. Those that will see my number are entered as:

1832P12345689 where the 'P' represents the Pause key on the phone (shares the same button as Redial).

I have discovered that when dialling a number directly (i.e. not using the 'phonebook'), the 1832 method can be hit and miss, mainly miss.

This was rectified by using the Pause key after 1832 - always works!

Another method that works more often than not was to physically pause for about 1 second after entering 1832 and then entering the phone number. This method could be used if the phone does not have the Pause key.

Hope this method works for you too!

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@dom5885 Thank you for that, but it is not working for me.

I also use a Uniden phone ( I have also tried 1832 with another type of phone).

I have tried your method 1832P entered in my "phonebook" and also dialing direct with 1832P, none of them work 😞

It does display my number to the person I call, but 1832 without the "P" displays my number as well, the problem is that when they pick up, they cannot hear me, only I can hear them.

Looks like Optus and NBN could not care less or are incapable to find a solution.

I am in Brisbane, maybe you are in another state and your method is working over there, I wish it would work here as well.

RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @Caledoz, just letting you know that fault reference #15845200 is still open, you're not the only one experiencing this issue but our network engineers are having trouble replicating it. If you have any recent examples (dates, times, number called) that we can pass along for a trace please send me a PM.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, I am still there, and the problem still not fixed after now 10 months, yeah, I know, technicians still working on it, right ?

I wish that it was the ONLY problem I had with Optus NBN, but it's not.

I suppose that you are trying to get to the one year anniversary of the fault, hang in there, you are nearly there  Optus !!

Occasional Contributor CustomerJohn
Occasional Contributor

I am surprised you are unable to replicate this. However, you may not be aware of the following: the prefixes all work OK on NB where fibre is to the premises (i.e. new apartment block etc.), including most likely your testing cell. However, on the hybrid setup, where coax runs into the premises (i.e. typcially replacing an old cable connection), this is where the prefixes do NOT work.

Just to confirm, the prefixes *31, 1831, *32, 1832 all do NOT work on NBN, under the above the style of NBN connection.

I see the prefixes problem is still not fixed after 12 months. This is absolutely abusrd, and a reflection of very poor customer techincal service. Additionally, the difficulty a customer has in trying to call the correct number and menu selections just to report a fault, or enquire about an existing one, is reprehensible.

Regards, John.

Occasional Contributor RachaelW
Occasional Contributor

I also have been having the same issue for over a year with none of the proposed resolutions working.  My case was closed because I couldn't get a hold of anyone outside of business hours and was being left messages with the call centre number to contact staff during business hours.  It's not easy to sit on hold when you work at a hospital - only to be told they wanted me to call them from home to test the lines.  And each time I called I was asked to assist with testing for over an hour at a time, including hold periods to get through to customer service.  It meant if I had a day off work, I was usually spending it on the phone to Optus all day, which is not sustainable for the average customer.