Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

1832 display number code still not working since November 2016

Re posting this because not fixed since Novenber 2016 😕

My home phone number is hidden by default (my choice), so when I call someone and I want them to see my number, I use to add 1832 in front of the number I was calling and it was working fine (before NBN and VOIP), now  since I have been on NBN if I call someone using the 1832 prefix, the person that I call can see my number, but when they answer, they cannot hear my voice. but I can hear them.

If I call them without de 1832 in front, they don't see my number (it reads, private number) but I can hear them and they can hear me, it's working fine.

Also if I call them with the 1832 in front and I hang up before they answer, their phone does not stop ringing until they answer it or reject the call.

I have spoken to a supervisor in November because I was sick and tired to call Optus and repeat my story at least 10 times.It has been escalated to the techs, I got a call back early December and since then ..... Nothing.

Not a very happy customer, having to call so many times and spend hours on the phone, chat, forum, but it is often the case with Optus.

I also know (told by an Optus customer service staff) that I am not the only person having this problem, but the request to fix it it probably went in the to hard basket.

50 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: 1832 display number code still not working since November 2016

I have been told to try *32 don't know if this works but was told it is the same as 1832

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

www.optus.com.au/shop/.../how-to-show-or-hide-your-number-when-calling?...

... the phone number you want to call; To show your number when calling from a Fixed Line Phone, dial 1832 or *32 before the phone number you want to call ...

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@shooterauThank you, but it does not work, it makes a very weird noise when *32 is used, it sound like a nuclear facility before a self destroy alarm 😕  Evacuate, evacuate, evacuate !! 😉

I had read about the *32 on other posts before, did not work for them either 😞

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@shooterauyeah well, that's what Optus is saying, but like I said previously, *32 is not doing the job and 1832 use  to work on normal phone line but not with NBN VOIP 😞

Giving you a kudo anyway for trying to help.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Hi @Caledoz.  Our networks team are still investigating a known issue with one way speech when using the 1832 override. We're working hard to resolve it and appreciate your patience.  Some customer have had success by dialling 1832# before the number, but it's not a consistent fix I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Morena
New Contributor

I'm having exactly the same problem! 

New Contributor Morena
New Contributor

Hi @Guy. It's been 5 months since @Caledoz reported this problem to Optus! I'm frustrated and I've only just got my home phone connected via NBN 4 days ago. Any news on when this will be fixed? Tried 1832# as you mentioned but didnt work. Says i entered an incorrect number.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Guy @Morena @shooterau

Yes, 5 months this month, I am now going to complain to the T I ombudsman, it should not take that long to fix a problem, unless you are not willing to fix it, and I am pretty sure that there is more than 3 people affected by this problem, a lot more.

We have to put up with the soooo slow speed of the Optus NBN during peak hours (and peak hours are getting longer and longer, it will soon be peak hours all day) , so what about you wake up your technicians from their 5 month nap and fix this 1832 problem.

We don't even get an update on the progress or a call to check if we still have the problem.

Optus, what's wrong with you, WAKE UP !!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @- I've checked the case for this and it is still open and in progress.They were unsuccessful in replicating the issue a few weeks ago.  I've emailed the Network team for an update.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors