cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

V6.71 Fingerprint no longer an option on Android Pixel 3 Android 11 Dec 5 2020 Build

My Optus App updated to 6.71 yesterday and fingerprint login is no longer an option to login.
I have uninstalled, reinstalled twice and checked permissions.
I was wondering if anyone else is having issues please?

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: V6.71 Fingerprint no longer an option on Android Pixel 3 Android 11 Dec 5 2020 Build

Hi @Tigers1719, thanks for raising this with us. Oh, that's odd! 

Can you please check the compatibility of your device? Your smartphone should be running Android 5.0 (or higher). It might help to perform clear cache and clear all data under Apps Manager. Then uninstall and reinstall the My Optus App. 

Let us know how you go. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: V6.71 Fingerprint no longer an option on Android Pixel 3 Android 11 Dec 5 2020 Build

Hi Tina no luck thank you.
The phone is running OS11, have cleared cache and storage, uninstalled and installed twice and checked permissions.
I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Tiger1719 just to confirm when you go into the Optus app > More.> My Account > Login Tab > you don`t see Biometrics options there?

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hi Kartika you are a legend, that fixed it. What I find strange I run the app on a Android  Tablet and that updated the app to this version and the biometric option just kept working.

I am an Optus user.
Kartika

Excellent! Glad to hear that I was able to sort this out for you @Tigers1719. Probably the app update toggled it off. All good at the end. Have a good night.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy