Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Caoimhec
New Contributor
New Contributor

URGENT APP not working

Hi, I am currently stuck overseas and my phone will not work , I am continuing to pay my bill but not getting to use my data or anything. My app is also not working. Can anyone help me?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: URGENT APP not working

Can you make calls?

How can I get help while I'm overseas? You can contact our 24/7 technical support team on +61 2 8082 5678 (calls from a roaming Optus mobile phone to this number are free).
0 Kudos
Caoimhec
New Contributor
New Contributor

No I can’t make any calls either! I would I be able to contact them via email?
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus doesn't really do email.

Reception on your phone is generally down to the overseas provider and not Optus. Have you tried changing the provider on your phone? What country are you in?

You could also just grab a local SIM and stick that in. That should get you up and running for not much money.
0 Kudos
Caoimhec
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your help!

I am in the United Kingdom. I was wondering if you knew how I could maybe make a pause on my bill due to the virus? I was trying to do it via my app but it’s not working. Do you know of another way I could do this?
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

This is a bit out of date but should give an idea of Optus partners in UK

https://www.optus.com.au/enterprise/customer-contact/calling-and-messaging/roaming-tool/united-kingd...

The only way to pause your account is to get in touch with Optus. Phoning the overseas number would be my suggestion. Optus also have a facebook and twitter page that can possibly be used to get a message through. Optus are currently allowing plans to be paused on request.