Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
KiwiinChina
New Contributor
New Contributor

Top Up on Prepaid Blocked

Ni hao from Xi'an China !!!. Team, I had a Business Account for 10 years but I moved to China a year ago and have converetd my Australian business mobile to a Prepaid account as its cheaper and I only want to keep the number going for the 4 or 5 weeks I go home. 2 questions. I attached my 2 childrens phones to my Business mobile. I have received my first bill since changing my phone over to Prepaid. It still has the other 2 phones on it and they are being charged llike normal, which is what I want. Will this always be how it works, that is, I dont want the other phones to be changed. Question 2. I can't actually top up my mobile phone...it keeps coming up with "The number is blocked, you can top up from a store". I rang Optus and as I understand it, its a safety protocol to stop someone turning my phone number into a prepaid and topping it up themselves. Unfortunately, I don't actually have the phone as its in Australia. How can I get the top up unblocked so I can top up my phone. And if I choose to not to top it up...how long do I have before I lose the number. I am on the $2 a day plan and wanted to top it up $100 every 3 months just so I could keep the number, but maybe I only need to top it up just before I go home and just for the days I will be in Australia ??. Thanks for all help. R 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tom
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Top Up on Prepaid Blocked

Hi KiwiinChina, there could be a few reasons as to why you're getting this error, but we can definitely have a closer look as you should be able to top up your credit from overseas, just not register a new prepaid product for instance.

If the other 2 phones are still on postpaid and coming on the same bill then this won't change unless you request to have a separate bill or or transfer them to prepaid for example.

If you would like to forward your info through via our online form, we can check out this error you're getting and try to fix it for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors