Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
gazzkay
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus app login error

I have just signed up to optus on a plan and downloaded the app on my phone and when I try to login it says 'Error A system error has occurred. Please try again at a later time'. I have uninstalled the app and re installed. what else can I do

7 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: Optus app login error

Hi @gazzkay,

Have you also tried clearing the App cache to check if this would help resolve the issue? 

If you haven't done this yet, you can do so by using the steps here: 

- For Android: Perform clear cache and clear all data under Apps Manager. Then uninstall and reinstall the My Optus App.

- For iPhone: In the iPhone notepad type spring://clear and then click on that link, then uninstall the app, restart the phone and then reinstall My Optus app.

Hope this helps to get the app up and running for you. 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

gazzkay
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have tried this and still doesn't work
0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Thanks for keeping us posted on this, @gazzkay

In that case, I would recommend contacting our teams via our Message Us feature on our website. Just click on the "Message Us Now" button in the provided link and our teams will then be able to assist you further from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

gazzkay
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey serena just letting you know I have now been waiting for an hour for someone to respond on the message us now re my issue with the optus app
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @gazzkay really sorry for the long/wait hold times that you've been getting via our messaging service. In that case if you have a social media account then please send a → private message to Optus on Facebook or a → direct message on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
gazzkay
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Kartika 

I dont have any social media. sorry. should i just go into the optus shop?

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Have you also tried the 6 troubleshooting steps on our 'My Optus app & My Account troubleshooting' guide? 

If the issue still persists, you can visit your local Optus store and they will be able to give you a hand there.