cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
markusmaximus85
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport - Oops! Unfortunately you are unable to access this content. HELP!

Hello, really hoping someone can help. I have searched the forums and have not found a straight answer.

I'm trying to watch Optus Sport (Premier League) through a web browser on my PC.

A few moments into the playback I get this error message...

"Oops! Unfortunately you are unable to access this content. If you believe this is an error, please contact Optus Sport Support."

I did this via the app support section, and this is my chat log and gave up...

Me:

Within a few mins of streaming (Live or playback) I get this error message (After attaching image of the fault) It does not matter which browser I'm viewing on. No other devices are streaming Optus Sport at this time as well.

Optus Sport team member in summary:

Hi, thank you for contacting bla bla bla (copy and poaste)

Try switching between WIFI and 4G see if this helps.

Try switching off VPN bla bla bla (I don't use a VPN)

If steps don't resolve reply here and we'll be in touch.

Try restart modem and retry to connect to an alternate internet connection.

Me:

Hello, I'm not using a VPN, I've also tried opening different web browsers on my PC and still no luck. I'm able to view fine on my mobile phone.

Optus Sport team member in summary:

We appreciate your patience apologies etc.

Please note if you are using any laptop?PC device via HDMI cable it will not work as it is Copyright issue.

Kindly revert if the issue still persists

Me:

Sorry I never said anything about using a HDMI cable. It used to work flawelessly. Nothing has changed on my computer or setup. Never mind, I will just have to deal with is and put up with it not working

Please can anyone reply with a sophisticated non silly response.

Cheers

3 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: Optus Sport - Oops! Unfortunately you are unable to access this content. HELP!

Hey @markusmaximus85 it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues using Optus Sport on your PC.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies & cache? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

markusmaximus85
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Sport - Oops! Unfortunately you are unable to access this content. HELP!

Thank you for your intelligent response.

I have done this, left a replay of random game running for approx 15-20 mins and appears to be working all ok now.

Thanks for your guidance.

Jono_YC

No worries @markusmaximus85 I'm glad to hear that it's all up and running for you. I hope you stay safe and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors