Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Minghy
New Contributor
New Contributor

OPTUS PAUSE

Im wondering if I can set a time with Optus pause so that the internet connection to my sons devices cuts out at say 9pm and starts again at say 5am. Can I do this and how? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: OPTUS PAUSE

Not often a company has almost exactly the right answer to your questions but in this case Optus does

https://www.optus.com.au/customer-extras/optus-pause

If you want scheduling though then the usual way of controlling access of your wifi is to use built in parental controls on the router itself. Not sure Optus has great parental control options. Something like and ASUS router has the ability to schedule access easily on a per device basis. 

You can also set them to track overall usage (each hour) and also what websites they are visiting. There's also reasonably ok capability to set things like sex sites as blocked for them. Won't stop a determined teenager but will stop them accidentally wandering off into the wrong room on the internet. 

Tina_YC

Hey @Minghy, thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm afraid you're unable to set a timer for devices to be cut off and switched back on at a certain time. However, you can set a timer for 15 minutes - 1 Hr 30 min. 

For more details, check out our support guide. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Minghy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks so much. I will look into this when I get a spare hour or so. Again, thanks so much.

0 Kudos