Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
miracleboi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Optus App - Now Available!

I tried on the weekend to update my pre-paid Wifi account through this app and all it did was keep stalling and stalling until it finally crashed.

I gave up after the 3rd go and just went online through my phone's browser to do it!!

Simply put, this app is crap and needs to be pulled so it can be re-tested!!
0 Kudos
Jason
Contributor
Contributor

This app doesn't work on the HTC One-X, if you open it up the website just tells you it is only for pre-paid customers. The description in the Android marketplace and here says I should be able to check post-paid usage with it but it seems you can't...

0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Which iPhone model are you experiencing this with vhl328?

Miracleboi - what were you testing the app on? It's only available for certain models at the moment.

Jason - the HTC One X isn't supported at the moment. I'll check if we're working in a release for this model and get back to you 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
vhl328
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

"Which iPhone model are you experiencing this with vhl328?"

I have a 1 year old iPhone 4. I have used the previous version of the My Account App almost daily but a few weeks ago it worked no more. Rang iPhone support and was advised I should remove the app and install the new one via iTunes App store, which I did, but the new one does not work at all. I was also advised on another occasion that may be the phone needs replacing, hahahaha, what a joke.

Simple logic here: it worked before, it does not work anymore, and it is still the same phone, new App. So what has gone wrong? Do send me a new iPhone which works with the My Account App and I will give Optus 10 kudos.

0 Kudos
Jason
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dave,

If it's not supported then why was the app pre-installed onto my phone? As far as I can tell the "app" is just a browser shortcut that links to some form of Zoo website, I don't get how a website can be phone-dependant?

0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sounds strange Jason - I haven't heard customers being linked to an external site. It's definitely the My Optus App that's installed?

Let me know and I'll pass that feedback on.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Jason
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, the app labelled "MyOptus" opens up a browser page at "https://idp.optusnet.com.au..." which tells me my service is incompatible.

Upon further investigation I also have an app called "MyAccount" which I had disabled, which seems to provide some of the features listed above.
0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the info! Best to use the My Account app for the moment.

Can you PM me the full link that you were redirected to? Just want to provide all the info possible to the guys managing the app.

0 Kudos
vhl328
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Something has changed today. Open the App  (My Optus), then I am presented with 3 options. Yesterday there was no options. Now I see 1) Accept the Terms of service 2) View the Terms 3) Talk to us. Tap any of these, nothig happens. NOT happy about this. 

Anyone with an iphone having success in running the My Optus App ? The people I know with iPhones are on different networks so I cant ask them to try this.

0 Kudos
vhl328
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have not had time to read all the bad reviews of the app on the Apple apps store yet and the app was pulled down, which means My Optus App - no longer available. Also found out that you have to turn wifi OFF for the app to work (for non business users). The reasoning was the phone must be using 3G for the app to "know" the service number etc... This is really bad thinking. People should be able to use any phone supported by the app and login using their own credentials to check their usage. Can't help to wonder who really reviewed the design and implementation of this exercise. Very amateurish...
Top Contributors