Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

My Optus App - Now Available!

Hey Guys! I wanted to let you all know that we just launched a new app called My Optus and this will replace our current My Account app.

The My Optus App launched on the 9th of February and will allow customers to manage their accounts on the go! The app is available for Pre-Paid and Post-Paid iPhone users as well as other selected smart phones.

Some of the features you’ll have access to with the new My Optus App are:

• Viewing your bills
  • Viewing your usage and any unbilled usage
  • Paying your bills using stored credit card details (including paying another account)
  • Making changes to some call settings
  • Speaking to customer service via a shortcut tab

iPhone customers can find the app by searching for ‘My Optus’ in the iTunes App Store or by clicking here 

For all other handsets, SMS MyOptus to 966

Eligible handsets  -

iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S

Samsung GIO

Huawei X1

Nokia e71

Nokia e63

Let us know what you think!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

89 Replies
brent3000
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: My Optus App - Now Available!

I guess we come back to this question

http://community.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Optus-commitment-to-the-Windows-Phone-platform/td-p/204

Cuz im guessing Optus has no plans to bring this app to the WP7 platform?

Even Vodafone is bringing out an App to manage accounts on the go for WP7... Pleas say Optus isnt going to leave WP7 behind again? Nokia is just around the corner, best be ready...
- brent3000
WP7 User and Supporter
Optus Cable Gamer
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Brent,

Appreciate that you're a fan of WP7 and want to see this app made available for your handset!

As you can see from the list above we're only supporting a few models for the moment. I'll see if I can find out any information for you regarding availability of this app in the future for WP7 devices.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
kaylum0
New Contributor
New Contributor

How about Android phones? Any plans to get the App supported for that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
brent3000
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the details Dave.

WIth Nokia just around the corner it would be good to see this app on WP7 phones 🙂

I know Voda is working on their WP7 app and its due out soon 🙂

- brent3000
WP7 User and Supporter
Optus Cable Gamer
0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No info on support for Android at the moment Kaylum0

I'll post back here as soon as I hear support being added for any handsets 🙂

0 Kudos
Aman
Contributor
Contributor

i cant find this app in app store and when i click on the link provided in the post it says not available in australian store.why is that? im using 4s

0 Kudos
linkiepoo
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was just looking on my iphone 4s in the app store and i can't found the "my optus " , But i can found "my optus " that i try to download but it won't let me .

0 Kudos
Ian
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Looking into the above issue, will advise when I hear back 🙂
0 Kudos
Aman
Contributor
Contributor

thanks Ian