Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
eFlame
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My Optus App - Now Available!

I have the leaked ICS firmware for the Galaxy S2.

Initially the app didn't work for me. i uninstalled it and tried to install it via the play store on my phone which didn't work. I was finally able to visit the play store via my web browser on my computer and install it via there. that method successfully installed the application. I was then able to successfully run the application.

I usually like to bash optus, their products and services because they have given me so many reasons to since I signed my 24 month sentence almost 12 months ago. However, I can't find any reason to bash this app.... As far as I am concerned this app represents the quality of product, I would expect from all of optus's products and services. Those who have worked on this app should be proud of a quality product.

The App has a nice gui layout which, in my opinion, is a vast improvement over the old app. The home page presents: How much "Plan core Value" and data you have left and when it expires; what I would consider as the information you would most commonly look for in regards to your account.

Within no more than 6 screen presses you can also set your call diversion settings.

The only additions I would make to the app is:

The ability to use an existing contact when setting up call diversions (eg. by selecting a contact from your contacts list via the my optus app instead of copy-paste or manually typing the number in.

and

Visual Voicemail... however i would imagine this would take some backend work to get the voicemail system to a stage where this feature would be possible in a front end.

Once again Nice app, very impressed, congrats.
0 Kudos
ekabi
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have been one of the most fiercest critic of Optus apps on this forum, but after the ICS update, this is one app i DID NOT uninstall. Kuddos Optus! Quite a handy tool.

0 Kudos
daraing
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Optus App DOES NOT WORK!!!

i own an htc one x which i signed up for on optus.. a few weeks ago.. and this app is horrible!! you can never sign in just freezes up!! and it is extremely hard to keep track of my usage!!

not impressed at all, espicially crossing over from vodafone which i thought was bad.. but optus doesnt even have a working app!!

0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: My Optus App DOES NOT WORK!!!

Hey daraing,

The My Optus app isn't available for the HTC One X at the moment. Best to use the app named My Account instead. Let me know if you have any probs with this.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Cammyron
Contributor
Contributor

so it doesn't work on the HTC one X yet but is installed on it, and cannot be removed (only disabled). That doesn't make a lot of sense to me

0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

At the moment it's not available however more handsets will be supported in the future - I'll check if we have any date available for the HTC One X.

For the moment you can use the app called My Account to access these features.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
j9bean22
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ian,

I have downoaded the optus app for samsung galaxy, it opens up ok, but my problem is my user name and password do not work on the app. It says it is either the incorrect username or password, but they definitely arent as I use them all the time to log on to the normal optus my account online. Do we need a separate logon/password for the app? If so how do I get one as it doesnt give you the option to set one up.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ian
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@j9bean22 wrote:

Hi Ian,

I have downoaded the optus app for samsung galaxy, it opens up ok, but my problem is my user name and password do not work on the app. It says it is either the incorrect username or password, but they definitely arent as I use them all the time to log on to the normal optus my account online. Do we need a separate logon/password for the app? If so how do I get one as it doesnt give you the option to set one up.

Thanks!

Hey 🙂

@IT's the same username & password for the app. Is it My Account @ optus.com.au that you can log in to using these details?

You could try removing & re-installing the app for testing...

0 Kudos
j9bean22
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah its the my account @ optus.com.au that I log into
Ok ill give it a shot thanks
0 Kudos
j9bean22
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey Ian - I tried re-installing and it still doesnt work... I have a samsung galaxy xplorer is this possibly the reason why it doesnt work?
Thanks
0 Kudos