Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My Optus App - Now Available!

I have a Galaxy S2 with My Optus app preinstalled. The credentials are correct but I too get "This feature isn't available for your service". I'm on a business plan so if that is the case it rather stupid.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

any updated on the WP7 app? Waiting for it 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@emmsumg wrote:

any updated on the WP7 app? Waiting for it 🙂

No further info on this, sorry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unbelievable.

Optus stock 4 model of Windows Phone, and after almost 5 months since the launch of the My Optus app it is still not available for Windows Phones, even though it is one of the easiest platforms to develop for.

Optus service, network coverage, call dropouts, data dropouts and also the clear lack of commitment to the Windows Phone platform is rather pathetic.

Why can't Optus even provide an indication of whether the app is being developed for Windows Phone on or provide an ETA if it is?

I promise you I will NOT be renewing my contract with Optus when I purchase my new Windows Phone 8 device later this year.  My partner will also be seeking another carrier when purchasing a Windows Phone 8 device as well.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We have no current plans to build a version for WP7 handsets. Our guys look at number of users of each major OS on a monthly basis & this is a major factor behind which OS the app is built for.

If there are other parts of your service that you need a hand with, send a PM through and we'll be in touch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

When will this be available for Galaxy S 3 as it currently says it is incompatible?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I would suggest, it would be. Just takes a little bit of time to port i would assume 🙂
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Plonkler wrote:
When will this be available for Galaxy S 3 as it currently says it is incompatible?

Hey Plonkler - it's definitely available on the S3, where are you trying to download it from?

There's a very small bug with it related to the graphics displaying on the screen which we'll fix up soon, but the app is available & working 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I get from the Google Play?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Plonkler wrote:

This is what I get from the Google Play?

Cheers 🙂 Received word that it was available for a while (when I grabbed it) but it's since been removed due to a display issue with the app.

It'll be made available again soon once we finish fixing it up for the S3!

0 Kudos