cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

1month
New Contributor
New Contributor

I cant get access to the pre pay sim activation page

I am trying to activate my pre paid sim card but i cant get access to the activation page?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JustinB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: I cant get access to the pre pay sim activation page

Heya,

Are you still having probs accessing the site? If so, can you give our pre-paid activations team a buzz on 1300 737 252 to take you through the process.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
1month
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

Yes i am getting 

-Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /web/oneportal.portal on this server.-

Every time i go on the activation page.

I am trying to activate from England as coming over to Australia for a holiday.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Andy
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

What type of internet browser are you using to activate your SIM 1month?  Just confirming is this for a Pre-Paid mobile or Pre-Paid mobile broadband?  You can also reach our Customer Care team from overseas by calling +61 2 8082 5678.

0 Kudos
1month
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have tried useing chrome , Internet Explorer and dragon on a windows laptop on a adroid tablet with chrome. Also tried with wifi and 3G and stll i get the same message on the activation link.

0 Kudos
Andy
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey 1month, as above can you just confirm whether you're trying to activate a mobile or mobile broadband service.  Can you also show us the link where you're attempting to activate to confirm you're in the right area!

0 Kudos
Lilnincky
New Contributor
New Contributor

HI I'm having the same problem.

Prepaid Sim - mobile (not mobile broadband)
Trying to access from UK ahead of visit

Still getting the same error messages as above depending on internet browser..

I'm trying to access

optus.com.au/activate

Firefox/Chrome/Safari -gives :

403 Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /web/oneportal.portal on this server.

https://personal.optus.com.au/web/oneportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=activateprepaidonline&produ...

IE 10 gives
---------------
The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:
•This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

--------------

Tried on Mac and PC same prob - any thoughts? happy to call but online easier

Thanks

N

0 Kudos