Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
WhatUsername
New Contributor
New Contributor

Contacting Optus

I think my email account has been hacked. It says that I cant access it because it is being accessed by another device. I have been trying to contact via their messaging app for almost two hours without a response. Even their bot doesnt respond. Is all contact down with Optus after 8pm?
23 Replies
srishi
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Contacting Optus

I have the exact issue since last 4 hours.

Could not contact Optus via online help, waited for 1 hour online without any joy.

WhatUsername
New Contributor
New Contributor

Are you also having problems accessing your email account?
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Mail has been very bad for many many weeks. 

I doubt you have been hacked. I've had a similar "accessed by another device" type error on one day about a week or so ago.

When I had that error it only affected accessing via via a mail program (using POP3), but I was able to access it via web mail, even though it was slow.

srishi
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, cannot receive any messages with error message that another device is connected to my email account.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@srishi wrote:

Yes, cannot receive any messages with error message that another device is connected to my email account.

Is that via web mail? If not, have you tried web mail?

WhatUsername
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same with Webmail. Cant login.
srishi
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The error message comes up when I try to download email messages on Outlook.

When I try to login into Webmail I get error message "wrong username or password".

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@srishi wrote:

The error message comes up when I try to download email messages on Outlook.

Mine was with outlook as well.

When I try to login into Webmail I get error message "wrong username or password".

I've have that once this evening, but I was already logged in. A couple of refreshed and I was back in.

Whatever you do don't be tempted to change passwords unless you know for 100% that the password has somehow changed (or has definitely been compromised), otherwise you are likely to get into support hell loop with Optus.

srishi
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Looks like it is the Optus Server issue rather than anything else but cannot be sure till we can get in contact with Optus Support. Not going to be easy to get hold of them to get a valid answer.