Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can’t message on the app due to disconnection

I am in literal tears right now, I have doctors appointment via phone call at 4:10pm and I cannot answer it because yous chose today to disconnect my phone, I can’t even message yous on the app cause it just tells me to log out, my hands are fully tied I cannot do anything, for months I’ve tried to talk to someone on the message centre about my finiancial hardship just to be transferred constantly to somebody else. Now I can’t even ring up even though I have phone anxiety. I tried applying for my super early and was supposed to receive a text message to continue which I obviously cannot do anymore. I’m at the point where I feel like ending my life. I had to move back to my mums just to survive and this is the treatment I constantly get from yous. Unsympathetic unhelpful and just straight up rude. If I miss this important doctors appointment I will be changing companies and wiping the floor with yous cause I’ve god damn had it!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Can’t message on the app due to disconnection

Hi there CrydallCattt,

Unless your bill is very overdue, say 2 or more bills, generally the barring is first for outgoing calls/messages only. Have you had outgoing calls barred first? If not you should be able to still receive calls. In then goes to suspension of the service which includes incoming calls so it's possible that is what you have at the moment. In the meantime is it possible to borrow somebody's phone such as your Mums' to let the doctor know to reach you on another number? We don't want you to miss the appointment.

It is disappointing you have not been able to get through to anybody at Optus to discuss your account. We have a direct line to our Financial Hardship team. We encourage you to please also visit this page for a list of helpful external resources for personal support. 

Just a note that this is an online public forum so I'm afraid we don't have access to your account here so won't be able to restore your service. As you're unable to use the My Optus app, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.
If you don't have one, please let me know and we'll explore another option.

Please let us know how you go with contacting our Social Media team. They may not be able to respond right away but they will as soon as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My account was completely disconnected. I had to go to the store which couldn’t help me, they let me use their phone but the guy hung up on me. I cannot call so telling me to check the finiancial hardship page wont help cause I cannot do anything. My hands a tied, I cannot rectify anything.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Can you contact our Social Media team?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was under the impression this place was supposed to help people instead I get told to be “grateful” for not getting any help with my problem. No. My issue is not resolved, I asked for help, then get told steps I can’t even take because MY PHONE IS DISCONNECTED!! I resorted to this online forum as I don’t know what else to do! And I get told to be grateful for things I cannot do! What the he’ll is wrong with you! Your just as unhelpful as everyone else I’ve asked for help! Most disgusting phone company ever disconnecting a sick person during a pandemic, will take this to social media now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve messaged your Facebook page, nothing has been done yet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What is your name on Facebook? I'll be happy to ask the team to locate and prioritise your message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My name is Crystal-Rose Hodgins.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thank you, I have just seen your post and notified them now.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors