Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can I download the Message Us transcript from the My Optus App?

I have nearly 3 months of case history in the App that I want to keep/print.  I can't find any functionality in the App to download it so wondering if there is another way?

By way of background, I have had dozens of conversations to try and get by NBN drop-out issue resolved and am no closer to a resolution than I was in April, so the message scrolls for miles on my screen.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Can I download the Message Us transcript from the My Optus App?

Optus keeps their own copy and you can request it. You could use another phone and make a video of you scrolling slowly down. You can't long press and SELECT ALL > COPY and then PASTE into a note?

At this stage I would suggest it would be much less painful to just cancel your service and move to another RSP. You should be on month to month. You could try say Aussie Broadband who have local support staff and month to month contracts and will have a crack at solving the issues.

FWIW dropouts can be a little harder to resolve especially if they are fairly intermittent. If you are on FTTN then there are modems that do better at holding a signal than others.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you ask Optus the answer will be yes you can as after you finish the conversation you will be prompted to save/download/... the conversation.

If you ask me then the Optus myapp is a cheap app (in respect of features, no upload images, send files, download convesation, no save conversation to file system, no send conversation to email etc. OR in other words any way of keeping a copy in case of cluster f**kups) .

The way I got the conversation history is to ask support via myapp if they could mail you a copy of the myapp history since a certain date and hopefully they know how to do this and you will get what you want. If they have NFI, then discontinue the conversation and try again later of ask if they could check if it is  possible (don't say it can be done as they will give the scripted "you can.." see first paragraph.

I needed a copy like yourself to have a copy of the data for a complaint.

Make a formal complaint via the web page and try to get the NBN costs re-reimbursed since the first fault call and until the fault is fixed. Make sure you get the support script monkeys to read  the fault report before giving them any additional info one you have a support # as they want to start back at square one and it will take allot longer if you give in to them. They do not like reading problem reports. I asked for "Can I please get a status update on PR#<>. If you do not understand it or need help with it please escalate it so that I get an update on it. Thanks." If they come back with what is the problem (80% did) I then responded with "See PR#<> for details.>" and kept up the see PR# until the looked it up and then they usually said it will take a few minutes and I said "It will take longer then that. Take as long as you need as I would like a status update. Thanks".

Be polite, but firm and do not go over the issue gain if a PR has been raised as they can look it up and see where it is.

Unfortunate the optus support staff on myapp in 95+% of cases are script jokies and the issue gets escalated to the clouds and NO one calls back, unless you put in a formal complaint.

For your sake put in a formal complaint (the email bot can take up to 2 days to email you the acknowledge and then it's up to 10 days for a human to call).

Another option is to move to a different NBN ISP, but you will not get re-reimbursed for the drop outs.

I ended up with one months of mobile broadband free and a B818 modem free, but the B818 was cheaper than the AC800S and cradle it replaced, but the B818 is a better modem than the AC800S. Swings and roudabouts.

Good luck and best wishes with fighting Optus.

P.S. Make sure you have some log on your end to show the drop outs as optus will not have any based on my issues as they said people are downloading data from the tower, but the problem was with the Mobile Band B40 <2300Mhz).

Highlighted

Hi @ Aguthrie, all the conversation should be noted on your account if ID Check was done. Please speak with our support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to look into this for you.

With regards to your NBN dropout issue. Has any → basic troubleshooting helped? If the issue continues and if you have a social media account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos