Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ollie0226
New Contributor
New Contributor

BitTorent showing in my data usage

Hey I have a random bit torent usage amount in my data usage on the Optus summary it’s used 54% and I’m trying to figure out what it is. I’m not too sure if vpns run off it or not
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: BitTorent showing in my data usage

Hey there @Ollie0226. If you are wanting to take a look into a further breakdown of your data usage and where this may have been used up, I recommend checking out your mobiles "Data" settings on your device. You can find the steps for your device via our device guide landing page. 

If you continue to have any concerns with this matter, also feel free to reach out to our support teams via the My Optus app on our Social Pages via Facebook or Twitter.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BitTorent showing in my data usage

It's a file sharing program for movies, music and such. By default it will share everything you have downloaded with other users and this can result in large amounts of data being downloaded and uploaded especially if its running in the background without your knowledge.  Best to terminate the process and remove the program if you have no idea why it is on your device.