Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Garth2079
Contributor
Contributor

BUG REPORT: My Optus App

Please pass on this bug report to the development team for your My Optus android app.

My phone is a Nokia 8 Sirocco running Android 10

I am running My Optus v6.14.1

My mobile account has 19 services. When I use the app to set Optus Pause, I am offered the choice of which service to pause. However, only the first 10 services are listed.

Since this function is only available through the app, I have no way to pause the additional 9 services.

This is easy to replicate so I doubt the developers will need further information, but they are welcome to PM me if needed.

10 Replies
Kartika

Re: BUG REPORT: My Optus App

Hi @Garth2079, we will need your account details to lodge your Optus app issue with the relevant team. However we can`t access customers account details here as this is a public forum. As such your best to contact our support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@KartikaThe devs do NOT need account details and @Garth2079 has supplied enough info for teh devs to reproduce the bug and fix it. It will be a line like for(int account=0; account<10; account++){do soemthing}.....

Can you lodge a bug via the app?

Garth2079
Contributor
Contributor

@Kartika The bug is not user-specific and is unrelated to any user information.
Sadly, this is exactly what I constantly find with Optus. Your script says you need to collect user information with any support calls. This is a bug where a developer didn't consider the case where there were more than 10 services on one account. It simply needs that developer to increase the hard-coded limit.

You might feel my mention of support scripts is unfair. A little while back my NBN connection at home was only uploading at 11mb on a 40mb upload service. The support rep thought it might be the router. I explained I had removed the router and the speed didn't increase when I plugged my laptop directly into the NBN device, so it was unlrealted to the router. The support rep said she would send me a new router to see if that fixed the problem. I can quote plenty of similar occurrences with Optus support. It's like everyone is instructed not to think for themselves. Very frustrating. That's why I reported it here - I don't have the mental stamina tonight to deal with your support reps.

Please report the bug to the app developers. It contains EVERYTHING they need. They can use a test account with more than 10 services linked to check it. They should have done that during their QA testing but hey, now the user base has done their bug testing for them, hopefully they can get it fixed.

I'll take a look in a few weeks. It will be an unexpected delight if they have fixed it.
Webby97
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've a similar issue where my home NBN, although visible as a service when using the app, doesn't appear as an item to pause. I tried support who stated there should be a link at bottom of app. There isn't. They thought maybe merging my fetch account would help. Can't see how as the NBN service is already visible within my mobiles account, just not on pause. If I seelct NBN to view in the app and then select pause, again only provides me with the 4 mobiles. Definitely feels like an app issue to me.

0 Kudos
Kristy_YC

@Webby97

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It does sound like an issue with the My Optus App. We do apologize for that. In this case, we'd recommend deleting and reinstalling the app. Please also make sure the  app has been updated to its latest version. 

Please refer to this article on "My Optus app & My Account troubleshooting" → https://bit.ly/32Wriwm

If the same issue persists, please send us some screenshots of the error message via Facebook PM/ Twitter DM. 

0 Kudos
Garth2079
Contributor
Contributor

@Kartika please could you confirm the >10 services bug has been forwarded to the developers. You are welcome to include my yescrowd ID in case they wish to PM me.

0 Kudos
Garth2079
Contributor
Contributor

I also tagged  but that seemed to vanish between the reply being drafted and posted.

0 Kudos
Garth2079
Contributor
Contributor

ok so tagging Kristy_YC using the  selected from the drop-down results in the entry not appearing, it seems. I'll try typing @Kristy_YC in full.

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hi @Garth2079 - Thanks for sharing this with us here.

From the notes I have available to me, Kartik has flagged this and passed it onto the team. I'm not able to see if there is a reply or not and it's likely they will want to replicate this on an account before they can assess it. I do understand it's a 10+ service however, generally this needs to be raised with account specifics before they can rectify the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors