cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

webmail

Some one has changed my password so I can not access my emails 

12 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: webmail

I have had the same problem this morning... not happy! tried resetting my password and still didnt work.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here. I need to access my email account & can't access from anywhere! It has been unreliable for a couple of days but now completely dead. I assume it's a server problem?

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This issue occured last night for me, all email accounts, mobile and cant even access my webmail. Optus is disapointing, cant even find tech support number. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

all they say on here is do a PM through social media. We are having the same issue. I can't access at all direct through webmail, but I can through third party apps, even though a window pops up all the time for username and password. I just keep clicking ok until it works. It has been slowly getting worse for the last couple of days until the worst today. Hence why I came on here looking for answers. I also went into My Account and my credit card details for direct debit were gone as well. I had to re add those, as my next bill is due to be generated in a couple of days. Lucky I checked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

my credit card details in My Account have dropped off AGAIN! I know they were there as the test $0.01 had already been charged to my credit card this morning after I re-entered them. Now nothing is showing in Payment Methods in My Wallet (again) Something seriously wrong with Optus atm. I managed to get some emails through this morning after hitting enter time and again on the username password box. But now nothing has been coming through since then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Another victim here too. Having the problem since about midday yesterday. I found this morning I can send an email via my Optus email account, BUT, can't receive anything, get various error numbers reports.

Had same email address/password for yonks haven't changed a thing!!!!!

The Regal Beagle
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here for the last 24 hours accessing email either through an app on my phone or webmail.

I called Optus support and get a message that they are working on it and also to send a message through the My Optus app.

The problem with that is the My Optus app is not available at the moment because Optus are currently improving the app.

I guess one way to stop customers complaining about the email problem is to take down the My Optus app
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I also found the app non functioning. Everything seems to be not working properly at the moment including being able to get a solid answer from Optus about exactly what is happening. Rather disturbing given all the hacking reports etc during the past few days
The Regal Beagle
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like the problem has been fixed since I was able to access my emails through the app on my phone and also webmail.

However I have noticed on the webmail login screen there seems to be some extra fields where there is an options box which if you click displays IMAP and IMAP SSL

There is also an option to enter a mail server.

0 Kudos