Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Keichan56
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: spam filter does not working

Most of the time any email received in my Optus account that is obviously spam cannot be forwarded to any account, internal or external, as it is detected as SPAM, so cannot be reported. This is crazy when it gets it but cannot be reported!
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @Keichan56, it's not good to see you're experiencing this webmail spam issue. I recommend checking our Internet Security guide for some info on how to limit and report spam emails. 

If you require any further assistance, I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App. That way we can confirm your account details  and help out from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Keichan56
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello Jack.

This issue goes way beyond what is suggested in the guidelines Optus publishes.

And as mentioned often by me and many others, the huge amount of spam being allowed through the incoming filters is way too much to expect individuals to deal with.

Suggestion we should each spend a part of our day reporting the exact same emails we are all getting to Optus, and which are the exact same emails we cannot report to any external or indeed internal email spam service due to The Optus far superior outgoing filter is just way to much to expect.

While I appreciate your help, this answer does not realistically address the real issue… not even close.

Optus needs to significantly up its game on incoming filters…it’s obvious it has the technology as it works on outgoing email.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Thanks for your additional feedback @Keichan56. I've flagged this for the relevant teams to review as we're always looking to improve our services. 

If you did have any questions about your webmail service in particular, please just send out teams a message via the My Optus App.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Keichan56
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks again Jack...but sadly, I've seen this answer before too...more than one to this same issue.

I hope someone will actually take a look at this, rather than people just continuing to complain, and you guys continuing to offer links to the Optus guidelines, or sympathetic responses. I do realise you are moderators, not magicians and do appreciate any help or sway with Optus, but I'm sure you'd have to agree this needs to be fixed properly...there are many posts all complain of the same thing - I saw one person complaint their daughter getting Bitcoin stuff....it's only a matter of time before something more inappropriate arrives in her mailbox....and then look out!!!

Thanks, Keith

0 Kudos
Keichan56
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you want some samples. just from the last few days..here you go...IMG_1949.jpgIMG_1948.jpgIMG_1947.jpgIMG_1946.jpgIMG_1945.jpgIMG_1944.jpgIMG_1943.jpgIMG_1941.jpg

0 Kudos
itforsenior
Contributor
Contributor

Mine has settled right down, about 6 in Spam folder in over a week.

0 Kudos
Keichan56
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, you are lucky - mine goes up and down, but typically 40-50 rubbish emails a week, and typically, the same sort of rubbish...
0 Kudos
Keichan56
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi team - well after several months, nothing seems to get better. Several days a week I need to delete 10,20 sometimes more spam messages that are the same as last week and the week before.

Optus has asked us to report these emails as spam from Optus Webmail, which would be really nice if we DID NOT have to report them one at a time! Which means we have to open each of these (a danger in itself!!)

Please Optus, make spam reporting easier if you want us to help you do your job!!! I don't want to have to open EVERY spam email just to report it as spam - its SO obvious from the title it's spam!!!

I'm going to make an effort this week to report all the spam that does not get flagged as spam (sometimes disgusting) spam...

After that, I think I'll just post the headings...

BTW - based on my spam folder and those that don't make it Ito spam, it looks like Optus is letting through about 500 or more spam emails a month...

I wonder how many others are getting the same...???

0 Kudos