Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rewot
New Contributor
New Contributor

spam filter does not work

Hi: I write to you to report my eMail account spam filter does not work any more. Since about one month ago. The Optus website merge my web-mail account getting around 20 spam mail every day. It was works very well when on the old website. I tried many days to used report spam to fix up the problem. So far nothing worked, would please check it for me? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: spam filter does not working

Hi rewot

We can only recommend that you keep reporting these as spam. You can also forward these to our Abuse team.

Update: Please also see our thread: Optus Webmail Spam Filter FAQs

and blogs:

Scam proof your tech
and
Yes Crowd's guide to spotting scams

for further tips.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Billytribe
New Contributor
New Contributor

Increasing spam filtering

How can I increase the level of SPAM filtering on my optus email account. I am getting so many SPAM emails now...and nothing I do seems to reduce the daily volume even though I block them all as they come.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Increasing spam filtering

You can't. Recommend you migrate to a dedicated external email provider that has much better security, storage and filtering. As an added bonus you can use it with any RSP unlike the Optus address which is gone if you ever leave.
0 Kudos
pcsrichards4
New Contributor
New Contributor

SPAM filter

The Optus Spam filter is hopeless, I don't know what algorithms are used, but we report the SPAM by putting into Spam file and has little to no effect on reducing spam. I have a Hotmail account and this works great in reducing spam by putting the majority of emails into the Junk file, why can't optus do the same. This is the only thing letting Optus service down. if they could sort this then their product would be next level. surely it can't be that hard, others are doing this.

0 Kudos
ajkohn
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been reporting as spam to the hidden address and have this morning has an email threatening that if I continue to do this my account may be automatically suspended. This is after a team member telling me this is the address to report to!

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @ajkohn, thanks for getting in touch with us. What address are you reporting these emails to?

If you're receiving spam emails, please select the email and click the 'Report Spam' button. This will move the email to your Spam folder, report the email through to us and are automatically deleted after a set period of time.

If you're receiving suspicious emails requesting for any personal details, you can forward these emails through to abuse@optusnet.com.au. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

ajkohn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reporting them to hidden

0 Kudos
itforsenior
Contributor
Contributor

Are you aware that the Report Spam button is greyed out and is only live with Select All ? Hopefully not 'All' are spam.

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @itforsenior it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your webmail service.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Top Contributors