cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Serena_YC

Re: setting up Optusnet email in Outlook 365

Thanks for sending through the screenshots, @Fatso

Have you also tried checking this Yes Crowd post for more information on POP3 manual setup? 

If you are still needing a hand, we would recommend messaging our Technical Support teams directly via the My Optus app as they would be best positioned to look into this for you and assist in raising a support case if need be. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Fatso
Contributor
Contributor

@Serena_YC  Yep, found that post and tried everything in it too.  

It's not relevant to the most recent outlook365. 

This is apparently a known issue since micro$oft changed the way that outlook365 works but the issue is, users need a solution when they are required to keep historic data and maintain easy access.

0 Kudos
Fatso
Contributor
Contributor

@Serena_YC  @Kartika  I can set it up as SMTP but there is no way to setup as POP3. 

Again, just in case you're unaware, the differences are:

SMTP is great if you want to access your emails on different devices such as PC, tablet and phone, or even at work etc

POP3 is great if you want to have your emails downloaded onto ONE machine and it fully downloads the email from the optusnet mail server and saves it to your local computer.  

POP3 is exactly what I want to do within the downloaded version of Outlook365 which is stored locally on my PC.   
There appears to be NO help for doing this within microsoft nor optus (or any other internet vendor) and it appears that the only way I am able to do so is if I use an another application to do so 😞 

Very disappointing!  

0 Kudos
Sallynuts
New Contributor
New Contributor

Says 'email server certificate is invalid. -
Jack_YC

Hi there @Sallynuts, I recommend checking this webmail guide to ensure you have the settings correct for Outlook 365. 

If you continue to experience any further difficulties after trying that, please send us a message via the My Optus App, or our Facebook or Twitter pages so we can assist further. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
datachiefs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

In typical Optus fashion, the link you have provided is for IMAP.

I suggest you read Sallynuts request again.
They are the asking for assistance with POP.

Incidentally, the IMAP instructions have linked to also don't work with the server certificate error, as evidenced by numerous users complain, but I digress...
pact2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hope you got a solution yet
0 Kudos