Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
datachiefs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: setting up Optusnet email in Outlook 365

@Scarlett99, can you please clarify if the server you used is imap.optusnet.com.au , or are you referring to just choosing imap in the options at the beginning of the workflow and using a different server.

i.e. Is your incoming and outgoing servers set to imap.optusnet.com.au ?

So far Optus "support" have suggested multiple servers to no avail:
mail.optusnet.com.au
imap.optusnet.com.au
smpt.optusnet.com.au
pop.optusnet.com.au (yes, they really suggested this for imap)
Every combination of above has been tried, and countless ports.
0 Kudos
Scarlett99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

These are my settings via IMAP

Incoming mail: 

Server = mail.optusnet.com.au

Port = 143

Encryption method = None

Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) = unchecked

Outgoing mail:

Server = smtp.optusnet.com.au

Port = 25

Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) = unchecked

My outgoing (SMPT) server requires authentication = checked and the "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" option selected

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Scarlett99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I missed one line from the Outgoing Mail settings

Encryption method = None

0 Kudos
datachiefs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.
I really appreciate the reply.

Are you using the Microsoft Outlook app for Android or another email app?
In all the versions of Outlook I have tried there is no option to choose an authentication method when setting up the account in the wizard.
0 Kudos
Scarlett99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am using the Microsoft Outlook Android app but it doesn't work properly for me, I can receive emails but can't reply to them so I use Optus webmail to send a reply. I've tried multiple times resetting the account but it never works and neither Outlook or Optus have any solution that I can find.

My settings on the Android app are

IMAP (incoming) Mail Server = hidden

Server port (with SSL) 993

SMTP (outgoing) Mail Server = mail.optusnet.com.au

Server port = 25

Fatso
Contributor
Contributor

I also can't add my optusnet email to outlook 365...
What can I do?? I have some emails dating back to 15 years ago that I want to keep but if I can't use outlook then why bother with micro$oft!
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Fatso please refer to our → email setup page on how to setup your Optusnet email on Outlook 365. Make sure all the settings match. You can also access your Optusnet email by logging into Optus webmail directly → here.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Fatso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kartika, I actually did EVERYTHING I could from the optus page.

It appears that office365 has changed and the settings are completely different to those shown on the optus info.

There is NO way you can apply the pop settings shown on the optus page manually within office365. I have over 30 years experience in microsoft settings, and spent over 15 hours yesterday attempting many many many many methods to apply the pop3 settings.

0 Kudos
Fatso
Contributor
Contributor

@Kartika, Ps: I also forgot to mention that webmail isn't an issue, I know how to use that (having had an optus webmail account for around 15 years now)

The issue is that optus webmail only allows 500mb and the emails I have dating back to around 2013 (and would like to keep accessible in the one place) total around 1.3gb

These emails contain personal info, family history, memories etc, including some from persons now deceased (hence wanting to keep them easily accessible)
0 Kudos
Fatso
Contributor
Contributor

@Kartika 

This is all I get when I attempt to setup a manual pop3 account in outlook365.

outlook365 version.jpgoutlook365 settings 1.jpgoutlook365 settings 2.jpgoutlook365 settings 3.jpg

0 Kudos