Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kaymd
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: setting up Optusnet email in Outlook 365

Thanks, I have tried a few times. The set up doesn't ask for a username just server and port so it's different to the answer given here. That worked to load it to my phone, just not the pc.
0 Kudos
Tissy1282
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Email set up isn't working I've trolled the comments and tried all the suggested links. I still can't add my Optus account to my outlook 365. Optus how to pages show nothing after office 2010.

I just need help

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Good morning @Tissy1282 - always happy to assist.

So once you have installed Outlook, when you open up the application on the top menu - head to 'Tools' and then navigate down to 'Accounts' From there, select 'Add' then press 'Mail' Enter your 'Display Name' and replace.

To check the specifications of our your Outlook Version, I would recommend having a look at our Email Application which will provide you with some more information and walk you through this set up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

neilrb
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you,

This worked for me. 

Optus operator was no help at all.

Thank you so much Scarlett99

Cheers, 

neil r b

Redzircon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

There is a new version of Outlook in Office 365. You can switch between Outlook's old format and the new. 

My Optus webmail works in the old one and not the new one. (Mac user with Big Sur)

Could someone please actually test all the recommended settings in the new one, as the instructions on this site are either incorrect, or are incomplete for the new format of outlook. Or perhaps it's an Outlook issue.

0 Kudos
annemike
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
annemike
New Contributor
New Contributor

no dont know how to set up
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @annemike, please refer to our Optus email → support page for more info on how to setup your Optusnet email in Outlook.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
datachiefs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Scarlett99 , may I ask precisely what settings you used?
What are your incoming and outgoing servers?
so far Optus support have told me mail.optusnet.com.au, smtp.optusnet.com.au, pop.optusnet.com.au, imap.optusnet.com.au or various combinations of the above.
None have worked as yet.
0 Kudos
Scarlett99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It was via IMAP with incoming server 143 (no SSL) and outgoing server 25 (no SSL)

0 Kudos