Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
CoogeeHM
New Contributor
New Contributor

setting up Optusnet email in Outlook 365

does anyone know how to set up an optus email account in Outlook 365?

Optus only has guides for Outlook 2010 or earlier

36 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: setting up Optusnet email in Outlook 365

@CoogeeHM According to a previous thread from Jeneral_Pain you have to set up the account manually.

These are the settings

Re: Setting up IMAP account

You need to tick "Set up account manually" and set the mail server to Optus mail server.

IMAP - Incoming mail server setting for use with your Optusnet email

Host name

smtp.optusnet.com.au

Username

Your email @OPTUSNET.com.au

Password

Your Optus net email password

Server port (no SSL)

Server port (with SSL)  

IMAP - Outgoing mail server settings for your Optusnet email

Host name

smtp.optusnet.com.au

Username

Your email @OPTUSNET.com.au

Password

Your Optus net email password

Server port (no SSL)

Server port (with SSL)  

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Scarlett99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After MANY attempts I just did it successfully via IMAP with incoming server 143 (no SSL) and outgoing server 25 (no SSL).
0 Kudos
Lilzra
New Contributor
New Contributor

I spent about 3 weeks thinking about this problem until I realised it was because I don't have Optus as my home internet. Since I'm with another company I had to use their outgoing mail server (i.e. mail.internode.on.net and port 25) then use a smtp outgoing server authentication with my Optus webmail username and password. Incoming email was the same as smtp.optusnet.com.au with port 143 encryption was set to none.

It only stopped working beforehand when I had a Windows update.

0 Kudos
JJ_Tex
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus' email service is archaic.  They should be embarrassed.  For that matter, all of Optus' services are pretty poor.  I would NOT recommend their service to anyone who isn't forced to take it, as I have been.  Anything is better, even Telstra.

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ JJ_TEX, thanks for reaching out to us here.  

Can you please confirm if you have tried checking our online guide on how to set up Optusnet email using Outlook.  If not then please click here 

Please refer to our Email Help & Support page here for further assistance. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

Furthermore, you can continue to manage your services and bills via the My Optus app or your online My Account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Stev3
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi

I too am having the same problems, the support article seems to be old/outdated as it doesn't replicate the process that Outlook actually goes through. I have tried various combinations of everything suggested but no luck...

0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Hey @Stev3, very sorry to hear you're having issues with this. We do recommend raising this with our Technical Support team so they can investigate further. They can be reached via the My Optus App messenger function. . If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

kaymd
New Contributor
New Contributor

These instructions don't work when trying to link email via office 365 on a PC.  Further instructions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Scarlett99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if you saw my comment near the top of the feed but this worked for me on my PC last year; it's worth trying this combination as nothing else worked. My post:  After MANY attempts I just did it successfully via IMAP with incoming server 143 (no SSL) and outgoing server 25 (no SSL).
Tags (1)
0 Kudos