Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nossib
New Contributor
New Contributor

password issue

I trying to reset my temporary webmail password, but every time I try it comes up with the Something went wrong. Please try again.

I have tried on multiple devices (2 desktops and one iPad) any suggestions?  Apparently the temporary password expires in 5 days 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: password issue

Hey there @nossib, not great to see you're experiencing that issue resetting your webmail password. Does that error occur once you actually try and submit your new password or is it before that step? 

If you're experiencing an error entering a new password, it may be because it is not meeting the security criteria. 

Please ensure your new password is at least 8 characters long and contain at least one uppercase, lowercase and number. It also cannot contain: your username, first name, last name or spaces, non-English (international characters) or the following characters | $ & \" < > ; ( ) { } & 

That temporary password you received lasts for seven days. If you're still experiencing any difficulties with that we can definitely assist further. We will just need you to send us a message via the My Optus App as we cannot securely confirm your details via Yes Crowd. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
nossib
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes it’s when I try to submit the new password (meets the criteria) and I can’t message via the app for some reason
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Thanks for letting us know @nossib. In that case please message us via Facebook or Twitter. We'll then be able to confirm your account info and assist further. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, please give our Support team a call on 13 39 37. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos