Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

my number disconnected

Hi I had the number *****but now it seems to be disconnected. I have not used the number for a while. Could you please check if I can get the number back, say by topping it up? thanks. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: my number disconnected

Hi there @eswee. Unfortunately, topping up won't work on a deactivated number. Do you know how long was the last time you recharged your service? Generally, a prepaid service that has not been recharged for longer than 186 days (6 months) after the last recharge expired will be deactivated automatically by our systems due to inactivity. 

If our recharging website no longer recognises your number, then it's most likely deactivated. You'll need to get in touch with our Support Teams to look into re-activating your service for you, you can get in touch with them via:

As Yes Crowd is a public forum, please refrain from posting personal information such as your mobile number or other personal information. This also means we're unable to access accounts through here. If you get in touch with the teams above, they'll be able to assist further. Hope this helps!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cost efficient way to keep number and receive voicemails while oversea

Thank you Nard. I have got my number activated again. But here I have another question for you:

I am currently overseas and I am on a long-expiry plan. My number just got reactivated and I am about to recharge it. Here is how I want to use my number: I am not going to make calls or download data as I am overseas for a while, but I need it to be online and people who called can leave voicemail and I will checked from call  + *****. 

So I need the most cost efficient solution for the longest expiration. The chat customer told me if I recharge $5 I can get 28 days but 90 days till cancellation ("So you will get 90 days for recharge and keep the same service and keep the service with you.") 

1. what does it mean? does it mean from day 29 to day to day 90, people can still call and leave a message, and I can still call the ...321 number to retrieve the voicemail from overseas? 

2. does it cost me any credit when people call and leave message? and does it take my credit when I call from a landline to retrieve voicemail? - if so,how does it work in day 29-90? 

3. if it is best suited solution? recharge $5 with mytalk addon? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Re: Cost efficient way to keep number and receive voicemails while oversea

Glad to hear you got your number back up and running and thanks for your questions @eswee.

1. To clarify, you have 186 days from when your recharge expires to recharge your service again before it gets deactivated. This is written in the Critical Information Summary for the Optus Prepaid Long Expiry rate plan under "Service Expiry".

2. If a received call diverts to Voice Mail whilst overseas you will be charged the applicable call rate to divert the caller back to your Voice Mail box in Australia. For further info please see our Prepaid International Roaming page under "Frequently Asked Questions" > "Can I check my voicemail while overseas?"
I also recommend checking our Prepaid International Roaming rates for the country you're in to see the call rates applicable to you.

3. It's entirely up to you and how long of an expiry you'd like for your credit. A $60 top-up will have a 365-day expiry which is usually the best option if you're planning to be overseas for a year or longer. If you refer to the CIS I linked above, you'll see all your recharging options available for the Prepaid Long Expiry plan.

I've also deleted the other thread you created with the same questions to avoid double handling of your enquiry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

2 - I won't be charged roaming cause I powered the phone off.  All call is diverted to voicemail.  is there any charge related to someone leaving a voicemail and me retrieve voicemail using the *****number? 

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@eswee If your handset is off/does not ring and just diverts straight to voicemail, then this does not use your Optus Prepaid credit.

If you are using a different service from your Optus Prepaid (eg. landline as you've mentioned above) to access the voicemail, then no charges would be applicable to your Optus Prepaid credit either. However, charges may apply to service you're calling from (depending on the local provider and inclusions).

0 Kudos
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. 

I set the voicemail to ON / Divert all my incoming calls. 
now I try to call *****to access my voicemail, it says : you need to setup your voicemail from your own phone, goodbye. 
how is that? I have already set it up. I can see it on Myaccount, also in MyOptus app the voicemail is set. 

0 Kudos
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

the number is blocked. I meant when I call the voicemail 041****321 number. 

additional information, when I call my number from another phone, it does sa : welcome to the voicemail system... and then I can leave a message. 

How come I can not access voicemail from the ....321 number? 

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

See here for instructions.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@eswee wrote:

the number is blocked. I meant when I call the voicemail 041****321 number. 

If you are calling from overseas then you need to use the international format of the number otherwise you will actually be calling a local number in the country you are in.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors