cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted

Re: OPTUS MOVIE REWARDS VIA APP ONLY!?!? MY APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE! PLEASE ENABLE WEB PURCHASE

Hey all, 

Our Perks team have identified an issue with customers purchasing tickets through the Optus Perks website.

While they work on this they have moved ticket purchases to the My Optus App. 

Since doing this we have noticed that some customers are still unable to purchase tickets through the App and we understand that not all customers have access to the App.

We are working with the Perks team to have this resolved as quickly as possible. 

As soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus perks are now only for mobile users

I haven't heard that myself. Just because you need the mobile app to get movie tickets doesn't mean it's only for mobile customers. Anyone can download the app and use it, regardless if your mobile is with another carrier. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had the same experience yesterday.

The Myoptus app is only for optus customers with an optus mobile and the only way to purchase movie tickets is through the app.

I would also like to know when this change went through and why we were not advised.

I have tried to call the optus perks number since yesteday (incorrectly advised by the chat team they were open 7days) and still can't get through.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had the same experience yesterday.

The Myoptus app is only for optus customers with an optus mobile and the only way to purchase movie tickets is through the app.

I would also like to know when this change went through and why we were not advised.

I have tried to call the optus perks number since yesteday (incorrectly advised by the chat team they were open 7days) and still can't get through.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Appologies, I only just saw this on the perks site.

Capture.JPG

There was an error message on the site a week or 2 ago saying they were having technical difficulties. Maybe this is just a stop gap while they resolve them? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: OPTUS MOVIE REWARDS VIA APP ONLY!?!? MY APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE! PLEASE ENABLE WEB PURCHASE

Hi Marie - is there any further update on when the website will be fixed?

I am an Optus Mobile Broadband customer so using the My Optus App to redeem Hoyts Rewards doesn't work for me (only works for phones on the Optus network). The only way I am able to redeem Hoyts Rewards is via the Optus Perks Website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @hillside, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Our Perks crew are working really hard to have everything up and running as fast as possible - if there's any new information we'll let you know. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone from Optus usually reply to the questions on this forum?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve tried to downloaded the app and it asks for your optus mobile number to sign in, so it is for mobile customers only...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They find every possible way to avoid talking to customers. I called their sales team to find out whether they offer optus perks to mobile customers only, they didn’t even know what optis perks was...

0 Kudos