cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

lost emails

2 days ago I couldnt sign into my email account so I assumed it was my password. So I did online help and they sent me through a link to change password. But when I got on I had no emails and all my files that I had stored things in have gone also.

Is there a way of finding these files?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: lost emails

If you have only ever used webmail I can not see how your emails could just disappear. Either a fault by Optus, yourself or setting up an email account on your own device is all that comes to mind. Is it the same email account that once had all your emails or was a new email account set up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @osully - thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Do you know if any filters have recently been set up?

Have you since been able to locate the emails?

Apologies for the delayed reply. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, This issue has happened to me 4 times and Optus has recovered my emails each time, it was due to an Optus Internal issue with the setting up of my NBN account. Last time I was promised it was all resolved but as of last week the same, I've lost all of my emails on my laptop and also on Webmail. After contacting Technical support, they only recovered about 100 emails but promised they would recover all of the others missing, promising to call me back, this has still not happened, in the meantime I have called other associates and they too have explained they would recover them and call me, but still nothing. Promises and promises but not action and no phone calls. I also have texted numerous times requesting assistance but still nothing. Can you assist in anyway, this is my business account and its imperative I retrieve my emails as they are my income, your assistance is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so extremely sorry about the lack of communication and the loss of emails. Our customer care team are spread very thin across our centres currently due to COVID-19's impacts.  Until you can get help, I’d suggest using an email client that stores your email history so that it does not happen again in the immediate future. 

Until you can get help I’d suggest using an email client that sores your email history so that id does not happen again in the immediate future. 

A page has been set up to offer useful information during the pandemic. Hopefully you can find your answers here and more specifically email troubleshooting.

0 Kudos