cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

just signed up for $41.25 80gb deal online but got contract in email for $55 plus

Anybody know whats going on?

I just signed up online with moing off monthly plan to $41.25 monthly 80 gb 12 month plan. Had online chat help me, as i had specific questions about account.

But i got a contract that said $55.00 plus $19 charge a month.

I luckily recorded chat and have email of that chat that explains i said 41.25 a month for a deal.

Is this normal?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: just signed up for $41.25 80gb deal online but got contract in email for $55 plus

Yes because its the $55 plan. After 25% discount its $41.25

25% BYO PLAN FEE DISCOUNT ON $55 12M SIM ONLY PLAN:Available if you are a new/recontracting customer who signs up online to the $55 My Promo Plus 12M SIM Plan. The discount will apply for at least 12 months unless you change, recontract or cancel your service. After 12 months we have the right to remove the discount without notice. Not available with any other discounts unless specified. Ends 13/01/19.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: just signed up for $41.25 80gb deal online but got contract in email for $55 plus

@yeppoon

It wouldn't be normal if you had full charges, but you should have the discounted amount charged to you. What you signed up on wasn't a $41.25 plan (as there is no such thing), you signed up on a 55 plus plan that will be discounted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same thing happened with me. $55 dollar bill for a service we were quoted multiple times was $41.25.  Went Optus store (can't be called a service center) only to have a phone shoved at me, was a philippines call center with the most scripted robot of a woman.  Hard to undestand is an understatment, Needed a pin, even though I know my name and details are on the account.  Australian staff are totally incable of helping at all, not sure if they even have access to optus billing /plan data. Left not really feeling heard or valued as a customer.  Not the first time optus has let us down.  Feel its a scam once you get frustrated and know you can't change anything/or be heard you will just pay. This is where my wife is at, she has given up reasoning with them about any problems.  

Also my question about this thread is so WHERE AND WHEN DO ACTUALLY RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It may be possible the discount kicks in on the billing system on a certain date every month after your bill has been issued and by the time the due date comes around, the account balance has reduced. This is far from ideal but can't be avoided.

To confirm if this is the case, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors