Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
dogsbody
New Contributor
New Contributor

inbox capacity

How can I save important received emails or sent items without exceeding my inbox capacity

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: inbox capacity

Set up a free GMail account and set it to import all past and present Optus emails. Messages saved.

After that consider ditching the Optus owned email address (you'll lose every email the the day you decide/need to leave). GMail has tons more space, features, security, spam filtering and can be used anywhere with any RSP.
Dave-P
Contributor
Contributor

In addition to, and in agreement with Peter's comment above ..

It is wise to start migrating now to a new email address, e.g. a gmail one.

Having to do that rapidly, is difficult.  Should you leave optus, any services connected to this address will become hard to use.

0 Kudos
dogsbody
New Contributor
New Contributor

I decided changing to gmail was too difficult and i expected that there should be an archive option into which I could move the emails I wanted to keep.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@dogsbody Its a largely automated process. If you'd like some help I'm happy to explain the steps. YOu can move emails into folders or better still you can tag them and colour code the tag etc. One of the more powerful aspects of GMail is its built around the search. Just start typing a word from an email you want and its essentially dished up to you.

Peter