cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone X Student Discount

I when to order my iPhone X with a student discount and repeatedly got a message saying "Oops! The promo code or email you entered are not valid". After repaeting the order multiple times and recieving the code more then once and checking a thousand times that it was correct, I still got the same message. In the end I knew I had to just order the phone without the student discount and just hope that it can be added after the order. So, here I am, hoping that the student discount can be added to my order. Any help would be appreciated or if anyone had the same issue!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: iPhone X Student Discount

Students (unless mature aged) should not be ordering the iPhoneX. You might as well ask for student discounts on cigarettes.

FWIW student discounts are designed to do 1 of 2 things:

1) Provide the opportunity for students who are foregoing income to persue learning to access essential tools

2) To indocrinate youth into one day spending spending a lot of money on their product.

If you are buying the iPhone X as a student then the student discount is completely unnecessary in both cases.

That said, if you buy a phone then in all cases just ring up later and the student discount will be applied. 

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am a uni student, I worked full time before going to uni so I have money saved up so I can finish my degree without struggling through as well I work casually during the year and flat out over summer break. I don’t understand why you don’t think a student can buy a new phone.

I have 10% off and it would be ridiculous not to use it because someone else believes that I don’t need it? If you were in a clothing store that had 10% off, you wouldn’t refuse to take it? I wasn’t really here for judgement but just an answer to a simple question

Regardless, thank you for answering my question at the end

Luke

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, I was bit judgy. 

Obviously I have no idea of your individual circumstances and you're free to spend your money how you wish. And if you have decided on a course (no pun intended) of action then definitely get any discounts going.

It was meant more as a general observation. I understand the desire to own the most expensive phone on the planet but I would definitely be checking the need. Even moving to the essentially identical iPhone 8 can save much more than 10%. 

Good Luck with the course

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos

Hi @Kemp, we do offer student discounts. Please checked your eligibility and plans details → here

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors