cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Huyengiang1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is Optus customer service so bad?

I signed up Optus NBN through a flybuys promotion. I got the confirmation that I will be receiving the 30,000 points after 90 days. More than 90 days had passed and I started a long battle with Optus for the points. I first contacted them through the useless chat option. I would post my question, waited forever a robot to transfer me, after I could no longer wait and leave the chat, someone posted a reply but I wouldn’t know to pick up, when I returned to the chat, I got to do it all over again. This went on for over a month. Then they refused to pay the points saying the promotion was invalid despite my written evidences (attached). I wonder who runs this customer service department, why is it so bad? This is supposed to be a Singapore owned company, how is it so badly run. I have filed a complaint with the office of fair trade. I will definitely leave Optus and never return. Do not make the same mistake as me. Telstra was bad but not this bad.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Why is Optus customer service so bad?

Hi there @Huyengiang1

Thanks for raising this with us here. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter and the team can look into this for you.

Just in regards to the Messaging responses, we recommend turning on In-App Notifications, so you can be alerted when the team replies. As they aren't a live team and address messages in the order that they come through, there can be delays and so the notifications are handy to have turned on. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Have you contacted Flybuys as well they may be able to help.
0 Kudos
Huyengiang1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, yes I did but they told me to speak to Optus. What makes me mad is how Optus gives me a run around all this time, even when I showed all evidence of a confirmation of the points, as well as an admission of an error on their part. It seems like the whole department is run by robots.
0 Kudos
Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

A Quick question was it a new service and did you sign up via https://partners.flybuys.com.au/optus/
or over the phone or at an Optus world store?

0 Kudos