Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Huyengiang1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is Optus customer service so bad?

I signed up Optus NBN through a flybuys promotion. I got the confirmation that I will be receiving the 30,000 points after 90 days. More than 90 days had passed and I started a long battle with Optus for the points. I first contacted them through the useless chat option. I would post my question, waited forever a robot to transfer me, after I could no longer wait and leave the chat, someone posted a reply but I wouldn’t know to pick up, when I returned to the chat, I got to do it all over again. This went on for over a month. Then they refused to pay the points saying the promotion was invalid despite my written evidences (attached). I wonder who runs this customer service department, why is it so bad? This is supposed to be a Singapore owned company, how is it so badly run. I have filed a complaint with the office of fair trade. I will definitely leave Optus and never return. Do not make the same mistake as me. Telstra was bad but not this bad.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Why is Optus customer service so bad?

Hi there @Huyengiang1

Thanks for raising this with us here. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter and the team can look into this for you.

Just in regards to the Messaging responses, we recommend turning on In-App Notifications, so you can be alerted when the team replies. As they aren't a live team and address messages in the order that they come through, there can be delays and so the notifications are handy to have turned on. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Have you contacted Flybuys as well they may be able to help.
0 Kudos
Huyengiang1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, yes I did but they told me to speak to Optus. What makes me mad is how Optus gives me a run around all this time, even when I showed all evidence of a confirmation of the points, as well as an admission of an error on their part. It seems like the whole department is run by robots.
0 Kudos
Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

A Quick question was it a new service and did you sign up via https://partners.flybuys.com.au/optus/
or over the phone or at an Optus world store?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors