cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

DomainBG
Contributor
Contributor

When logging into Optus what is the "Keep me logged in" tick box for?

Every time I log into the Crowd, or My Account, I tick the box to keep me logged in, but after a relatively short time I have been logged out and need to log back in... keeping the browser open doesn't help. Is it supposed to keep me logged in?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: When logging into Optus what is the "Keep me logged in" tick box for?

I find it hideous.

I think the tick makes your browser at least remember the login details, so you don't have to type them in again.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yep, never worked for me either. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
jmgross
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This annoys me intensely.

I visit a number of websites frequently, where there is the same option at login. At all of them, the website keeps me logged in, so that I just need to connect to that website later - even days or weeks later - and I'm logged in.

Presumably, Optus is just being lazy by not implementing this functionality, but leaving the option on the login page because it looks good.

I consider such "laziness" utterly reprehensible.

It's long past time for Optus to get its act together. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@jmgross,

I think I had the same issue for 6-8 months several years back. I don't think its the website itself but some back end setting that Optus need to fix for some customers (not everyone experiences the issue I believe).

Try clearing browser cache and logging in via a different browser but otherwise contact Optus and see if someone knows what to do to fix your account settings.
0 Kudos