Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Lawrence1618
New Contributor
New Contributor

Webmail not able to send email to a hotmail account

(a) I am using Optus webmail (not through a third party)

(b) Wrote and send an email to a hidden address.

(c) Email shown as sent in the Webmail browser.

(d) hidden did not receive it.

(c) Using another email browser (gmail) it got through to the hidden account.

Can you tell me what I need to do to use my webmail to sent to a hotmail email account?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Webmail not able to send email to a hotmail account

Hi @Lawrence1618, thanks for reaching out. Just to clarify what is happening, are you unable to send emails to one specific hotmail address or are there multiple hotmail addresses you're unable to send emails to?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Lawrence1618
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I just had one user with a hotmail account only. I use another email and he did get the email.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Lawrence1618 in that case you can double check your → email settings and try → basic troubleshooting first. 

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Kartika @Jack_YC IS THIS ANOTHER OPTUS EMAIL ISSUE LIKE A MONTH OR TWO AGO ALL OVER AGAIN?

0 Kudos
Lawrence1618
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I will test the suggestions and let everyone know the outcome. 

0 Kudos
Lawrence1618
New Contributor
New Contributor

The Hotmail recipient confirms this morning that he is able to receive email. Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos