Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Webmail - Not Secure.

Optus webmail starts in "not secure" or switches to "not secure".

8 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Webmail - Not Secure.

Good pickup there @Michael67 

@Optus , @Ray_YC , @Dan_C 

What gives? The mobile version seems fine (i.e. HTTPS), but with the desktop version the login is HTTPS but then it drops back to HTTP when the actual webmail interface appears.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Michael67 & YetAnotherAcc

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm just getting it checked with our Network team now, once I have something back I'll post an update here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I've had a response from the Network team, it seems that this is normal if you aren't selecting the secure login option at the bottom. Can you please make sure that you are selecting this?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Aron_YC wrote:

I've had a response from the Network team, it seems that this is normal if you aren't selecting the secure login option at the bottom. Can you please make sure that you are selecting this?

Thanks @Aron_YC , that answers the question, but...

1) Why in the world would you have it default to "Standard" instead of "Secure"?

2) Why even have a "Standard option" when the login page is always secure itself (Trying to go to HTTP login always forces you to HTTPS)?

Can you please ask the network team, at a minimum, to address my 1st point and have it default to Secure instead of Standard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Aron_YC,

Yes I have found it and working fine now. I couldn't  see it until the screen was fully scrolled down. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@YetAnotherAcc

These are questions I asked them myself when i received the reply as it seems odd. Hopefully they can give us some insight or just change it to always secure.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unfortunately this was not a full fix. Still slips back "not secure" on its own even after selecting the secure mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Michael67. I have passed this on to our Network team as feedback for review and future reference. You are best to raise this with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST to look into this for you.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos