cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

View data usage without giving access to location etc when setting up Yes My Account App

I won't give anyone access to my SIM to do location whereabouts  as I don't want to receive other "relevant offers" from anyone.

Is there a way to view the total data usage of my account - not an individual SIM  as I have 5 connected -  on a PC as there seems to be no way around the Yes My Account app's demand for access?

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: View data usage without giving access to location etc when setting up Yes My Account App

Location services aren't used to tally the total amount of data used amongst all services.

Follow the steps below to toggle location services on/off:

iPhone/iOS

1) Launch the Settings app

2) Scroll down and tap Privacy

3) Tap Location services

4) Scroll down to the My Optus app 

5) Tap never allow location access 

Android

1) Launch the Settings app

2) Tap Location

3) Toggle Use location on/off

As long as all your services are linked to the same account, you'll be able to see your combined "data pool" on the service screen of the My Optus app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors