Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
CTBirchall
New Contributor
New Contributor

Verify email Address Error

How do you actually email Optus? I have been with them for 10 plus years now and there product is sound when it works. But everytime I try to get some support or attempt to contact them I am reminded why I really need to move everything across to Telstra. 

But back to my original question how do you actually email optus? Does anyone have an email address for them. I have no desire to get lost in a loop of chats with empty promises. I have no desire to sit on the phone for the next 3 hours. 

You guys have got an issue. It frustrates me but I can live with it. But you Optus should be aware. Everytime I log into my account it's asks me to verify the email address. Which I do. Then after entering my DOB the website gets a 404 error. Been going on for over a week. Sort it out. 

I really need to find some energy to move everything to Telstra. Surely the product when working has to be comparable if not slightly ahead if you believe what you read, and there is no way there after sale service can be worse. 

Anyway sort your stuff out Optus. 

CTBirchall_0-1595885099078.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Verify email Address Error

@CTBirchall  YES Crowd is a public forum and not a direct support point for Optus.
Optus doesn't have an email address for support. 

Note: Yes Crowd cannot access or view customer accounts/orders.

I use multiples devices  Mac, Windows 10 PC and 2 Android devices no Optus account login issues.
If the account login issue was widespread there would be a lot of complaints in Yes Crowd. 

I am an Optus user.
CTBirchall
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @Tigers1719  Good point on alot more complaints which tends to suggest it is my account as I also have multiple devices. So the dilemma is I now need to spend time trying to reach them by other means or I just leave it. 

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@CTBirchall Did the login issue happen after you contacted Optus for another reason?
What I am thinking is that if support made an error and entered something incorrectly?
A friend signed up for Optus a while ago and the person entering the requested email address typed w instead of d.

A couple of easy things to try clear browser or app data.

Change DNS settings on one of your devices to a public dns, Coudfare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, Google 8.8.8.8 and or 8.8.4.4  or Opendns 208.67. 222.222 and 208.67. 220.220.

If neither of these steps work then support is the next step.  

I am an Optus user.
CTBirchall
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @Tigers1719  Actually Yes. The other issue resulted in them having to deactivate the mobile number I have had for 20 years. A whole lot of pain and time involved in that. Thanks for the DNS settings advice. I'll give that a go tonight. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @CTBirchall, you can contact us either via the → messaging service on the Optus app or if you have a social media account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
CTBirchall
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Kartika. You have missed the point completely. I do not want to sit on messenger or social media feeds and I do not want to sit on the phone for an hour. Thought I had already posted that. The error does not bother me but I thought Optus should be aware hence I asked for an email address. But your answer is typical Optus.
0 Kudos