cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Veda default dispute - closed account

Hi there.

I recently got a copy of my veda credit report and noticed an old optus account default on there.

After hours and hours of transfers, ootus have agreed that the account is indeed paid and were launching an investigation into the situation. This was nearly 4 weeks ago. I was told I'd hear in a week or so.

Every time I try calling, the agents can't find my account, transfer me multiple times and eventually tell me there's no direct line for the department I need to speak to.

I was initially given an optus/veda email address that I could enquire to but I've lost it.

Can anyone help?

I'm trying to buy a house and this is causing me big problems.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Veda default dispute - closed account

Hi there, @cammo6556.

Thanks for raising this with us here. The Financial Services (FS) team number is 1800 120 698 and they can be reached between 9am – 6pm. 

Without knowing account details (which we are unable to take here on this platform) I am not sure what email you would have been provided. 

If you call the Financial Services team tomorrow and have no luck, you are welcome to reach out to the Social Media team for assistance in locating the account and getting the details you need to provide the FS team. They are available 24x7 and will do their best to get the information you need. 

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 

I've tried this. I think the issue is that the account is from 2016 and I believe you no longer use these account numbers due to a billing system upgrade?

Is there not a department that deals with the credit reporting/VEDA listings directly?

0 Kudos

We do still have access to the previous billing systems and so should be able to locate it in those. 

You could try 138 332 and they are available Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5pm, AEST. 

As mentioned, if you have troubles with them locating the account, you are welcome to ask the Social Media team for assistance. They will then ID you and try and locate the account, then you would be able to provide that information to the Financial Services team. They handle accounts that have been sent to Collections agencies.