Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to login to Optus account.

To whom it may concern.

I would appreciate a solution to this problem.

I have created an Optus account within the year 2013. I have not accessed this account until right now. The reason for this is, because I usually don’t use my Optus account that much “until right now”.

I am quite prepared and kept notes of my login username and password information. I also have access to my personal email address that was used to create the Optus account.

When I went to logon to Optus (Optus My Account & Optus Yes Crowd Account), it would not accept my login username and password information. “I know that my login username was correct, because that login username was the same as my personal email address that I used to create that Optus account”. So I assumed it would be my password that was incorrect.

I tried to send an account password reset email to my personal email address.

But instead I got a “please verify your email address” email sent to my email address.

Which was weird, I specifically wanted and expected to get an account password reset email, but instead I got this email instead. I have tried clicking over and over again, but I did not get any email that mentioned an account password reset email at all and I know where to click. (i.e. forgot password “clickable options”) (I am quite computer literate.)

I even tried to go with the flow of what email I initially got which was the “please verify your email address” and clicked on that link that was sent.

Then I was presented with a blank white screen with this following message:

“We’re having trouble confirming your identity. Looks like your email address has changed since it was set up. Contact our Customer Support team, they’ll get you started.”

I have no idea what that meant or why I had this problem.

I will try and contact a Customer Support team on 13 13 44 (Optus username & password help) and let you know of the outcome.

But I would also appreciate if anyone has any clue of why I had this problem to begin with, then please let me know and that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Yours sincerely

Dco

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to login to Optus account.

@Dco 

As per the Bold Red Text on the Yes Crowd Page

Note: Yes Crowd cannot access or view customer accounts/orders.

You can message Optus Support via Facebook or Twitter DM.
When you message them include that have no access to the Yes Optus App as that is the preferred method of messaging Optus support.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Please help me to can login my optus account, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

To whom it may concern.

“This an update” on the previous problem.

I have contacted the Customer Support team on 13 13 44 (Optus username & password help).

They were happy to help.

They asked for the standard personal account information that you would normally expect. I was happy with that as well. You can’t be too sure sometimes. (stopping identify fraud.)

I explained my situation to the Optus representative.

The Optus representative was nice enough to send an email containing an account password reset to my personal email address which also was the same personal email address that matched my Optus username.

I received the “Reset your Optus My Account password” email that the Optus representative sent and clicked on the link. I was presented with the options to change my password. I was so happy. I even thanked the Optus representative for their efforts and let them know that I was really grateful for their help. Really I did not expect my problem to be solved this fast or to be solved at all.

For others who are in the same boat (situation) as I am in. Try to give 13 13 44 (Optus username & password help) a call. They might be able to help you out with your Optus account problems. I wish you the best of luck with your Optus account problems.

(Heads up, this written part below is a bit lengthy read, but it’s important.)

One of my theories of why this happened if even though I am quite prepared and kept notes of my login username and password information was that, sometimes free email address providers take draconian measures to free up email address IDs on their system by deleting your email address account. If your email address account is inactive for at least 12 months or so the free email address providers might delete your email address account to free up email address IDs on their system.

So since my email address account was inactive for at least 12 months or more. My email address might have been subject to being deleted to free up email address IDs on their system. This presents a potential security problem with recycling email addresses “in this way”. Such as an example one of the new users could “fraudulently” ask for a password reset on one of your old accounts. (Obviously, this is easier with email addresses based on recognisable names.)

Therefore if a “closed email address account” receives an email, the email will be “bounced back” to the sender, resulting in your Optus account “unenlisting” that previous email address and rendering you unable to use that previous email address at all, resulting in your Optus account not having any personal email address to use at all for recovery options as well.

But this is just one of my theories of what I think might have happened to my Optus account. (Please take this with a grain of salt.)

So overall I think that was what happened to my personal email address and my Optus account.

Resulting in the “please verify your email address” email that I got instead of an account password reset email.

Overall “I hope my self-thought explanation helps someone out there” and for those bothering to read this far, it’s people like you that make writing these self-thought explanation monstrosities worth-while.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter.

“Thank you for all your help contributors.”

Yours sincerely

Dco

enc (4 pictures)

Pic1.JPGPic2.JPGPic3.JPGPic4.JPG

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos